We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2 : AutoPack ver. 1.73 "Serenity Pack" (07/09/2016) - 8 new cars !!!

StarGT

• 2 weeks later...

Why does adding this car pack delete the championships and cups? I discovered this when I wanted to redo some of the races with the added cars. But the championships and cups are no longer on the map.

I checked the race entries using the in-game designer and it show that the races are still there in the database, but the center point that "holds" them together as a championship or cup was deleted. So nothing shows up. (I also got frustrated trying to figure out how to put them back together so I gave up.)

So in the map view those items no longer appear, and if you drive to one of those points they don't exist. (I also tested this by bookmarking where all the championships and cups are located before installing this pack and then driving to those locations. They're gone.)

Any ideas?

Not as such. For research purposes (hence it's called ResearchPurpose) I started a new account and with the new account I tried a 100% legit way of completing all the races with as requirements:

-Only Autopack/Unofficial patch cars (unless not possible)

-Only 1 car per class so choose wisely

-Legit, no money cheats etc

-leveling only by competition (and the necessary house and car collection points)

-store all prize cars in the UCD for a nice photo in the end.

Interestingly enough, to the point of your comment, all races have worked fine so far...

For the interesting info: Cars used:

C4: Lancia Delta Evo2 Stradale (Delta with Evo2 mod by Tototo, no C4 Autopack/UP cars)

C3: Camaro RS/SS

B4: Lancia Delta S4

B3: Porsche Macan Turbo (mod for Spyker D12)

A7: Lotus Elise

A6: Subaru Impreza by StarGT (improvement mod, no A6 Autopack/UP cars)

A5: Nissan 370Z Nismo

A4: Mercedes A45 AMG

A3: BMW M5

A2: Ferrari 458 Spider (tried LFA, but it seems to suit A3 more because it's slow af for A2)

A1: McLaren P1

No I think you missed my point. The Cups and Championships do not show up at all, even with a new profile. And even if you try looking for them with one of the default cars.

I tried starting a new game/new profile. The tutorial "story" still takes you to the used car dealership (I bought the default Lancia) and then on to the C4 school. But after you complete the tests and it tells you to go to the C4 Championship, it's not there.

In fact, because that "center point" I mentioned that holds them together is missing from the database, your GPS will direct you to the upper left most corner of the map, where there is nothing. It seems to me that the database file that gets copied over from the AutoPack may be corrupted somewhat in the latest release.

So I tested even further. I went and completed the tests in the other schools to unlock the Championships. And they do the same. It will still let you play the "Bomb" missions and go to the schools, but the Championships and Cups are not there.

I did not yet test the earlier versions of the AutoPack to see if the same thing happens. If you want, I can try that and let you know when I have time.

Okay, not sure why then. I unpacked the game, installed the unofficial patch, and at that point the races still show up. It's only after I install the AutoPack that this happens.

I think I'll try something different. I'll try installing everything from the AutoPack except the database file and see what happens. If the races still show up, I'll backup the database file and try the one from the AutoPack.

If the races are gone at that point, I don't know what to do. But I could put the backup database file back in and then I should be able to add the new cars myself using the VehiclePropertyEditor, right? What do you think?

I think a fresh install (with savegame backup!!!!) is never a bad idea if you have problems.

Only if any of the Autopack/Unof.Patch cars have gotten personal value for you (stickers, high mileage), never start your game without the two patches enabled.

Is 1.6 a combination of all the previous versions? Because I can't see the Delta S4 at Italian cars in Ibiza... And also I had 250gto and f40 in the dealership on stock game. Have I cocked something up?

I'm using the installer version.

Hey Star can you add in the Marussia B2 in the future? Not the one that you made (with the roof scoop and the "suicide doors") but the real version.

Kiborg-DVA actually made a normal version, but with unrealistic interior:

I feel that the Marussia B2 needs to be an add on car in TDU2 since it is by far the most impressive Russian Super/Sports car and it's really the only Russian made Sports/Super car.

Edit:

Yes I know that it does not have a real life sound and it is not completely realistic, but it would be a fantastic addition to the game! Not to mention that you can use the GT-R engine sound from the base game on the Marussia B2 and it will sound pretty damn close. Then you can replace the in Nissan GT-R sound with a more realistic sound mod.

Be patient guys, there is only a small team of people that are working on AutoPack. Not to mention that the modders also have a life to worry about, so the mods are going to come out kind of slowly.

Edit:

In the meantime, here are 2 videos I have put together showing that the "Unreleased" vehicles can be mended. Keep in mind that these videos are not showcasing any vehicles that are coming to AutoPack, this video is just to show how I managed to make the "Unreleased" vehicles work after quite a bit of coding.

You can watch the videos on Youtube to see the full story of these vehicles in the description.

There is more to it than meets the eye. The suspension needs be re-coded (since it can cause the vehicles to clip into the ground), the gravity physics need to be re-coded (Or the vehicle will not handle correctly). The transmission need to be re-coded or the RPM rev-limiter will be strange).

The video was to show how the vehicles handle and drive after all the re-coding in VPE. I admit that the 1M is not too impressive (since it was supposed to be a working vehicle), but the NSX is even more impressive since I took an "Unreleased" traffic car and turned it into a working and drive-able vehicle.