We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Changing glass.db file

Sk1izzo

Hello.

I have a question.

How can i tint my windows?

I've downloaded some mods which have in the archive the tinded glass file, ('new_glass.db' names like this).

I understood that i have to use TDUMT but i'm afraid to change anything cause i don't want to crash my game.

Can someone explain me step by step how to do it?

Thank you. :)

• 2 weeks later...
So i can't use a tinted glass.db file for any car?

you can try tinting windows for any car,but result it is not gonna be the same....

if it have only glass.2db in database for particular car,just replace that file,if you have glass.2db and glass_g.2db replace both files....

Every modder has unique style for modding cars so it depend does it have one or two files to replace.

If you want tinting windows for cars made by combat shotgun,use his tinted files and just replace it..results are awesome( his old Audi RS5 has its own tinted windows).

If you want tinting windows for cars made by minime ,for older mods, you dont have to, those are already tinted ok...for newest mods,use his files (I think his BMW E92 M3 GTS is tinted)...results are pretty much ok...

If you want tinting windows for cars made by Norby,my advice is not to do anything.His cars are awesome but when you tinting windows,usually also tinting headlights or tail lights at the same time...enjoy at Norby's cars without tinting windows

If you want tinting windows for cars made by TDUZoqqer, you can try but I dont know how it looks.He usually modding supercars so it is not necessary tinting windows because it looks stupid to see tinted Lambo,in my opinion.Enjoy his mods as it is....

If you want tinting windows for cars made by Miha2795 , try it,results are ok for some cars( newest cars are ok) but older mods not looking good when windows are tinted (windows are gray or something)

If you want tinting windows for cars made by tool831, those are already tinted I think....

If you want tinting windows for cars made by tatosha,try it,results are ok....

If you want tinting windows for cars made by phatpunk,try it,but I think it is better not to do anything...

that is it ,I present you my experience and opinion for mods made by those modders because I use many mods from them....

sorry if I offend anyone and if i broke some rules in this post,sorry in advance....;)

you can try tinting windows for any car,but result it is not gonna be the same....

if it have only glass.2db in database for particular car,just replace that file,if you have glass.2db and glass_g.2db replace both files....

Every modder has unique style for modding cars so it depend does it have one or two files to replace.

If you want tinting windows for cars made by combat shotgun,use his tinted files and just replace it..results are awesome( his old Audi RS5 has its own tinted windows).

If you want tinting windows for cars made by minime ,for older mods, you dont have to, those are already tinted ok...for newest mods,use his files (I think his BMW E92 M3 GTS is tinted)...results are pretty much ok...

If you want tinting windows for cars made by Norby,my advice is not to do anything.His cars are awesome but when you tinting windows,usually also tinting headlights or tail lights at the same time...enjoy at Norby's cars without tinting windows

If you want tinting windows for cars made by TDUZoqqer, you can try but I dont know how it looks.He usually modding supercars so it is not necessary tinting windows because it looks stupid to see tinted Lambo,in my opinion.Enjoy his mods as it is....

If you want tinting windows for cars made by Miha2795 , try it,results are ok for some cars( newest cars are ok) but older mods not looking good when windows are tinted (windows are gray or something)

If you want tinting windows for cars made by tool831, those are already tinted I think....

If you want tinting windows for cars made by tatosha,try it,results are ok....

If you want tinting windows for cars made by phatpunk,try it,but I think it is better not to do anything...

that is it ,I present you my experience and opinion for mods made by those modders because I use many mods from them....

sorry if I offend anyone and if i broke some rules in this post,sorry in advance....;)

Thanks for that 206. It was exactly what i wanted to know.

One more thing.

I wanna do the glass thing on the CLS 55 but:

On CLS_55_AMG(exterior) i have glass.2db and glass_g.2db

And on CLS_55_AMG_I(interior) i have glass_i.2db

I'm not sure which one should i change... :D

I wanna use the tinded db file from Miha's last Range Rover Sport HSE and the file name is: sport_hse_glass_new.2db

So i guess i have to change the glass.2db from the CLS_55_AMG(exterior), right?