We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

General Tech News/Discussion

Andreas¹

That looks so much better, no idea why companies are all over glossy plastic on things you put your hands all over constantly. SSD must be a huge upgrade, when I first got my laptop with flash storage being able to boot in less than a minute was shocking. Speaking of which, just realized they're doing a sale on a newer model than the one I ordered. :lol:

Looks like a prototype or development version now. :)

Is that a good or a bad thing? :lol:

Looks much better, that glossy plastic stuff really irritates me. How's SSD life?

That looks so much better, no idea why companies are all over glossy plastic on things you put your hands all over constantly. SSD must be a huge upgrade, when I first got my laptop with flash storage being able to boot in less than a minute was shocking. Speaking of which, just realized they're doing a sale on a newer model than the one I ordered. :lol:

Yeah, especially on the palm rests. It just feels gross. The SSD made a big difference in my desktop PC but a massive one in this laptop with its much weaker specs, it's great.

I just timed it and it actually goes from turned off to desktop in just over 10 seconds which is even faster than my desktop. :eek:

The 850 Evo is one of the best about right now. :hi5: Got one in my laptop and it's blisteringly quick.

Just for the love of ducks do NOT install the software that comes with it. It only boosts performance in their own benchmarks and is pretty much impossible to remove from the system without it breaking stuff in Windows. :eek:

• 8 months later...

:bump:

I was told that in order to play online games on my POS Acer VN7 laptop, I need to buy a new wireless network card because the standard card made by Qualcomm Atheros is totally useless. I always get kicked out after several minutes of playtime no matter where I am. Not the only one who's having these problems with this laptop.

Now, I've done some quick first-page Google research. There are countless types of cars on Amazon and also I've found that there are USB wireless network adapters. Since I have not done any type of PC wrenching, the USB adapters seem to be the better solution for me. Do you think they would solve my problems or do I really have to buy a new card? :hmmm:

Well yeah but buying a new Wi-Fi module for you laptop might require you to tear the whole laptop apart to get to it, replace it and then put the whole thing back together again. That could be a bit overwhelming if you've never "PC wrenched" before. You'd also likely void your warranty.

I don't know which is better from a performance stand point, I don't know much about how they work. I don't even know if you'd see a difference as playing over Wi-Fi will always have issues.