We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TVR are back.

calster17

Cosworth V8, manual only, weighs less than 1,100kg, prices "pick up where the last range left off"...Gordon Murray involved in the project!

[ATTACH]23607[/ATTACH]

It may come as a surprise, but it's official. Why has't there been periodic updates on what there doing? A while back(okay a few years) they said they would't say anything until they had a solid plan and the gears were in monition. Oh, and remember, it's not Nikolay Smolensky in charge anymore...

As a TVR fan boy, I'm ready to ride the "will it, wont it" roller coaster again! :D

Full Pistonheads article, click here.

I don't think that looks near crazy enough for a TVR. Who funds them now then? :hmmm:

From memory, it's owned by Les Edgar, the very same who ran Bullfrog productions...famous for games such as Theme Hospital, Populous & the Theme park games. And them games were rather quirky...so let's hope it rubs off onto the cars. :) Not all TVR's looked at crazy as the Sagaris.

He seem's to understand what TVR fans like, (unlike Smolensky, who at one point said they'd make Diesel cars...then settled on wind turbine manufacturing), if he pull's it off and sell's for the price suggested (£30 - £60k) and the cars are as good as the Sagaris, Tuscan, Tamora, T350...the established cars in that price range could have a left field rival's to worry about again!

The concept drawing to me, look's like a sort of modern Cerbera. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Due to overwhelming response, TVR has brought the date for deposits forward to the 7th of July.

And as a nice gesture, people on the TVR Owners club get a 50% discount on the deposit as a "reward those people who been such enthusiastic ambassadors". And to top if off TVROC guys will get pickings from the first cars off the line.

Gotta hand it to the new owner, he's playing it well. :D

And I know for a fact, many TVR owners have been waiting for a new car for a while...be it to replace there Tuscan/Sagaris or sit along side in there garage.

• 3 months later...

Some new information...

The V8 is the Ford Coyote V8 which is being tuned by Cosworth for TVR's applications. Reason why the coyote V8 was picked was ..

"We needed an engine with built-in reliability and long life, but with enough 'headroom' for the extra performance we had in mind. It was clear the Coyote could do those things."

Bringing out 500hp for the first model and can be raised/lowered for future models.

Oh, and Le-mans is on the cards, with a racer planned for 2017 and racing in 2018. The engine will be the same and they will be aiming to try keep the street & race engines as close together as possible.

:D

For more info, including an engine test video...click here.

• 9 months later...

As well as having a new factory in Ebbw Vale,Wales, not far from where Aston will have there new factory. TVR are going to be the title sponsor of the Ebbw Vale rugby club! Or as they are knowen as "The Steelmen".

They current champion's of the Principality Premiership (There top Rugby League).

"TVR is looking forward to establishing the factory in Ebbw Vale and becoming an integral part of both the local economy and community." The fact that the new car is built on a steel frame and the company now sponsors the Steelmen hasn't been lost on them either - apparently it's an "appropriate connection."

So there is a reason for the deal, and it's great to see them supporting the local area!

And personally, I think Rugby is a much more fitting sport for the brand than Football.

None of that really matters to me, yes it signifies that they're hoping to be in this for the long haul this time around but they've got so so so much to prove, they can't rely on brand reputation (which isn't exactly great if you take off the british-biased goggles) and until they've given us something remotely interesting there's just no point.

So they sponsor a rugby team, woo, as of this moment the new TVR brand should be more aligned to rugby than actually making vehicles as that's all they've really done so far :p

I want them to do well, but I just don't believe in the hype until they've given me something to judge first.

Would be nice to see a proper come back from them taking cars back to their basic, raw form. Give us a proper animal that actually works without breaking down and will try to kill the fools behind the wheel.

None of this fancy electronic torque braking traction slip reverse polarity nonsense all of the modern sports cars are filled with.