We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

WILD RUN EXPANSION (17 nov 2015)

jarfcl

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it seemed like the driver made no changes to his driving style with the wet roads... as if they have no effect on the handling (yet). :(

Drift spec seemed a minor improvement but looks more gamepad- than wheel-friendly

Monster truck playgrounds are part of the map so you can muck about on them in freedrive in any vehicle

Bikes seem ok although the camera movement might need adjusting to make it easier to plot a course through traffic

Stunts is just another HUD element I'll want to turn off (aka FRIM from TDU2)

Instant challenges make a welcome comeback from TDU1, being able to place checkpoints on or off the road, and switch cars via the mobile-garage mid race may make for some interesting strategic play (depending on how long you can make the races)

Hopefully it's just work in progress showed in Full Assist... I hope... :)

well as proven with tdu2 and crew, those aids on or off don't make the physics any better.

unfortunetely from what I've seen from the vids the cars still have ridiculous grip and control. Even with the drift spec the guy was struggling a lot to keep it sideways due to grip. As with every physics component in this game it looks artificial and script based.

I rest my case again no matter how hard you tweek you can't make it work with tdu2 physics engine.

the tyre and suspension models are just independent from what's going on in game and real life.

I'm really curious how they're even going to pull of drift spec. You can't get a wheel spin with power for a start, that just shows how wrong the current physics state are. Also not to mention with the current FFB it's impossible to counter steer, this game was made solely for gamepads thus I imagine so is the drift spec.

But you do realise you can already turn them off? Just turn off lociations in game setting and they dissappear :)

So it looks like the weather is still preset that sucks...

oh yes, I forgot about that, now that I've completed the story today I can turn off everything. It's so nice driving around not getting disturbed by stupid phone calls.

Also I was hoping that at the end the character would shoot shiv in the head but figured he'd chicken out and we won't get any twists since this was the worst story I've ever seen in a video game after nfs undercover.

Once again proves that story+racing games = failure.

Yeah criminal stories dont work, but something like nfs underground or mw 2005 isnt bad, it gives the game a meaning and sense for me.

A completely story-less game like the new most wanted or hot pursuit gets boring quite fast for me, or maybe those games were just boring lol

Yeah criminal stories dont work, but something like nfs underground or mw 2005 isnt bad, it gives the game a meaning and sense for me.

A completely story-less game like the new most wanted or hot pursuit gets boring quite fast for me, or maybe those games were just boring lol

well the original tdu never had a story, I thought that was just about driving which is why it's my fav driving game. It's like action movies, you can only do so much with the story, they're all the same.

Slightly more on topic

Now, we could’ve stopped at the dynamic weather, the FreeDrive Stunts and the fact you get to create your own race, but we’re not. Because well...We’re running wild ;)

We’re implementing some additional changes, and first of all, the sound!

The engine sound has been reworked to be more precise and more present. This isn’t just for the new cars and motorbikes that are coming with The Crew Wild Run, but for all of the cars that have been released already as well!

The UI is getting a tweak as well to be brighter. All of the elements have been reworked which should make for an improved and clear on-screen display. You’ll also notice the 3D is more present and visible.

In terms of dynamics and handling, some changes are being made as well! We’ve enhanced the aerodynamics for all cars, and we’re tuning the Tire Models as well which should combine for an improved driving experience.

In closing, the close follow cam that was replaced in the March Patch will return as an additional camera to allow for everyone to pick their preference.

We hope you’re getting as excited for The Crew Wild Run as we are to unleash it!

#NeverDriveAlone

The Crew Team

Keep in mind that these assets do not represent the final state of The Crew Wild Run