We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

WILD RUN EXPANSION (17 nov 2015)

jarfcl

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did they? But even so with all the dlc cars it still has less cars than TDU which is pretty hard to believe. Thought they really took a wrong game design decision with spec customization and adding RPG elements to a racing game which had to have affected the car list.

Apparently, I haven't had time to check for myself yet but it seems so! Yep you're absolutely right, I mean it's a nice idea and something I'd want, just not at the expensive of a decent car list. It's a good thing if they are including the new cars for free, but then you're paying £25 for extreme specs, bikes and the summit.. :hmmm:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Season Pass (SP) itself or with its inclusion in a version such as the Complete Edition will only get you the 458 Speciale and the other free cars that were given at no cost with the SP. The new visual upgrade and weather effects are free to all and come with the Wild Run update but Wild Run itself is essentially an Expansion Pack for the original game and has to be purchased separately as it is not included with the SP.

Confused? :lol: Let me try and break it down.

If you have the original The Crew game and download the Wild Run update you will get the new visuals and weather. You will also have the ability to purchase the Wild Run Expansion gaining access to events such as the Summit.

If you don't have the game but want it then buying The Crew Wild Run edition is what you want but there are a number of versions of this to confuse us even more: :derp:

* Standard - The Crew game, will require download of Wild Run update but will need separate purchases of Wild Run Expansion and/or Season Pass to gain access to them

* Wild Run Edition - The Crew game with Wild Run Expansion

* Complete Edition - The Crew game with Wild Run Expansion PLUS Season Pass

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong. :cool:

So the new "Speedtrap" mode is available in this weeks Summit. It's basically a copy from TDU2, which is pretty cool i think.

:hmmm: What was that?

Tested the new photomode this morning, very impressed to be honest. It's not 100% perfect, but it's 95% there and better than a lot of game's photomodes. I'm not a fan of the handling changes they've made though, with a wheel it's better but with a controller it's awful. Wonder if it feels the same on consoles.

And unfortunately Steam has lost the one photo I took :fp:

Excuse me have they now made the expansion pack mandatory in order to complete certain things in the game or am I missing something obvious here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMuVZVzePsg

This is Speed Skill 120 in downtown Miami somewhere, is a drag car 100% necessary in order to win anything more than bronze on this one? I don't see how I could possibly be going any faster than I was.

Excuse me have they now made the expansion pack mandatory in order to complete certain things in the game or am I missing something obvious here?

This is Speed Skill 120 in downtown Miami somewhere, is a drag car 100% necessary in order to win anything more than bronze on this one? I don't see how I could possibly be going any faster than I was.

Yes they added few of those for dragsters and "long Jumps" as well, those can only be completed in drag cars

is there a car pack kind of deal? because monster truck events with havoc engine's driving physics sounds so painful.

You mean for the cars of WR only? Those are available for non WR players by default TVR, Sagaris, Mclaren SLR, Subaru BRZ, Lotus Exige and Evora, BMW X6M, they all can be bough with in game cash

Well that's not fair at all :eek: I'm considering buying Wild Run but it hardly seems to be worth the money, does someone want to prove me right/wrong? :lol:

Yeah maybe if it was like half the price of what it is, but €25 is more than I paid for the game to begin with.

Yes they added few of those for dragsters and "long Jumps" as well, those can only be completed in drag cars

Well that sucks.

I wanted to win Platinum on all the skill challenges but the fact they are forcing me to basically buy the game again to do so instantly drained almost all the energy I had for it. :(

It seemed easy enough to earn a Bronze in the challenge I posted above so I thought "mabe Ubisoft realized not everyone will have the expansion" and made at least Bronze obtainable without it. I was wrong though, I found Long Jump #3 today and even getting a Bronze on that skill seems impossible without a Drag car.

I think they were added as the long jump I'm talking about takes place on a massive Wild-Run-orange ramp plopped down in the middle of the woods. If they at least made Bronze possible for us the unmentionables then fine but that you can't complete the game anymore without buying the whole expansion just drives me mad.