We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

F1 2016 - News/Calendar/Updates

CLR-GTR

U wot?

Me what.

His win was kinda gifted to him on a plate. No Mercs to win the race, Ferrari weren't all that fast(Did Kimi even make 1 attempt to get along side/pass him?) and RB screwed Ricciardo over with the strategy and then he got a puncture. All Verstappen had to do was drive around the track and not fall off of it. You know, like Hamilton and Rosberg do but you give them crap for it all the time. :lol:

It's great for Verstappen and I'm happy for him. It's a day he and his family will never forget. Was also a good race on a track where races can be quite dull to watch a lot of the time.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who missed it

Good analysis.

Chris Harris is blaming Rosberg, Jason Plato is also blaming Rosberg. I think the more people are watching the video and knowing about Rosberg's mode setting mistake they're starting to side with Hammy.

I'm happy for Verstappen and he did do well under pressure but I can't seem to warm to him just yet, I think his behaviour in Australia might have something to do with that. Similar entitled petulant behaviour to that which is making me dislike Hammy and Rosberg.

Plenty of room for my Merc books and brochures.

Anybody can tell me how unreliable/unrepresentative test session results are? I'm asking because of this:

CiwJF6-UgAAHBFu.jpg

:D:D

Honestly though, I'm a bit of a noob in this, it's already a whole lot of something that I watched last race from start till end.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Do you know if that building is just ugly, or whether it is legitimately having construction work done on it before/after the race? As it's not that rare to have face houses/pictures on scaffolding like that in wealthy places, you'll find it all over the Riviera and in some places in London etc.

I'm kind of looking forward to Baku, wondering if it will offer any excitement. We need an absolutely crazy race as the past few races have been average to slightly above average, but nothing too cray cray.

Very curious to see how the race will pan out. It has a 200mph straight for crying out loud. In a city centre! And then a narrow twisty bit by and old castle perfect for Max Verstappen to crash into. :p

But I can't help but feel that it will go the way of South Korea and India and vanish after a few years.

I know this is from the F1 game but it shouldn't be too far from reality. I can see a there being a few accidents to be had in the tight uphill part in the middle of the circuit. Qualifying should be good though seeing who can push their luck if there aren't too many red flags.

I can see why some of the drivers are complaining about the run off areas and there looks to be only a small amount of that special crash absorber barrier.

Should be a few places where they can overtake though so if we're lucky, it won't be a dull race.

The grandstands are empty with less than an hour to go before quali. If this is anything to go by, this GP won't be around for long as it won't be lining Bernies pockets as much as he'd like.

A few crashes already from Ricciardo and Perez with the clock showing 0:00 time left in P3. Woops.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Hamilton will be on top through Friday and Saturday morning but run wide on the penultimate corner on his last flying lap and lose pole position to Rosberg because of it. Kimi will be out for another Sunday drive in the race not really giving a damn. Vettel will throw a tantrum because a Red Bull is in front of him at some point during the weekend. Button and Alonso will be fighting over 10th place for a point.

There will also be a puncture.

But it would be nice to see a bit more overtaking that's not just on the straight well before the corners which is something the A1 ring can often provide.

Hmmmm, I'm all for having a laugh but if you're not getting on the podium at the end of the weekend, then all the jokes and lulz can be easily criticised as a distraction and unnecessary :p Red Bull have thrown away a lot of points this year so far, they should probably concentrate on fixing that than having some lulz. I really want to see Ricciardo do well.