We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

F1 2016 - News/Calendar/Updates

CLR-GTR

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hamilton, Rosberg, Verstappen to start in the top three for tomorrows race.

Apparently it was close between Hamilton and Rosberg but 3 tenths of a second in F1 is like comparing a 1 litre Ford Ka with a BMW 3 series. :hmmm: Home advantage for Hamilton maybe?

Would love to see a bit of rain tomorrow to spice things up, even more. :eek:

Turned out to be a great race after a bit of a crap start behind the safety car.

Shame about Max not being able to hold on to second place but with the decision on Rosberg still not known as the stewards are taking their sweet time, Max could still get P2.

Roll on Hungary!

Early reports are that Rosberg actually got a penalty, 10 seconds. Which means he drops down to 3rd place, promoting Max to 2nd which imo is deserved after that impressive overtake he made and he would more than likely have finished ahead of Rosberg had he not been told what to do over the radio.

The F1 tides do appear to have turned. First 5 races went to Rosberg and the last 5 have been more on Hamiltons side with the exception of Baku. Should be a spicy second half of the season that's for sure. But surely there will be plenty of penalties going Hamiltons way for using more engines than allowed. :hmmm:

The F1 tides do appear to have turned. First 5 races went to Rosberg and the last 5 have been more on Hamiltons side with the exception of Baku. Should be a spicy second half of the season that's for sure. But surely there will be plenty of penalties going Hamiltons way for using more engines than allowed. :hmmm:

This is true, definitely something to keep in mind.

Wonder when we'll be hearing about the condition of Rosberg's gearbox from the last race? Surely if it was something they would have to retire him from the race for if he didn't get the verbal assistance over the radio, it is a gearbox they'll need to replace before the next race and get the 5 place grid penalty for Hungary? 5 place penalty in Hungary is a fairly big deal, track position is more important there than on other tracks.

Now they've announced they're not going to fight the penalty. Wonder what made them change their mind....? The cynic in me makes me think they never intended to appeal at all and just said they might to act really annoyed/offended by the penalty, when they were just rather happy Rosberg only lost 3 points instead of a DNF.

Something has to change, as now teams will just be giving orders once they know they're 10 seconds down the road of the car behind. All it takes is one team to undermine the rule, and the punishment to not actually punish them and we'll be stuck in catch 22 :shrug:

The rule is in the simplest of terms stupid. Should be scrapped ASAP.

Formula 1 is a team sport, they employ hundreds, and in some cases thousands of people to get their 2 cars to the end of the race as fast as possible. It doesn't add to the spectacle when some of the cars are running around with issues that the drivers can't be assisted with. Baku is a good example of that with Hamilton, Austria with Perex(I think) crashing due to a brake issue that the team couldn't tell him about.

True, but there is also the issue of drivers being coached around the track, sometimes it does go way too far in when they're being told to brake etc. They banned it all rather than trying to find a balance, due to that I think the only way is to go back to everything being allowed, I think they've ruined the chances of finding a balance.

Yeah ultimately I just want them to be as fast as possible. Didn't Brundle mention that early signs are that the 2017 design will be over 3 seconds a lap faster? I'm skeptical as to whether this will materialise but it does sound rather exciting. If they're working on the noise too then definitely bring on 2017.

I missed this, but WHY DID THEY DO THIS? Why are they opting for the ugliest solution? I want that canopy :( Though perhaps a small positive side, mister Horner would have said if this will be the solution he'll vote against these devices. He wants to spend more time to get a more elegant solution.

• 2 weeks later...

Rosberg getting very lucky there. Again.

If Alsonso hadn't have spun, Hamilton would have more likely got pole because he was on the fastest lap by far. Oh well. He'll just have to do it the slightly harder way tomorrow but hopefully he gets a good start and gets to the first corner alongside Rosberg and pushes him a bit wide.

The Hungry (uh oh) GP will be getting under weigh (dun dun dunnnn) in about 60 minutes time.

Will Red Bull be as strong as people are expecting and give the Mercs a run for there (OMG) money? Or will Nico and Lewis cause problems for one another, again?

I'm not sure on the whether (someone find me a dictionary) forecast but I wouldn't mind a bit of rain in the race to spice things up again like last weekend at the British GP. :nuts:

And after the whole debacle of Nicos yellow flagged pole lap standing yesterday and the farce of the 107% actually being investigated despite the 4 red flags and changing weather in Q1. What will the stewards cock up monumentally today?

Strange post race conference..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLo0FqcthOE

• From about 8-13 mins the Quali Q3 double yellow flag incident is discussed. Kinda awkward for them both to be saying what they're saying when they're sat next to each other.
  • Around the 16:55-17:10 mark something odd is happening, are they joking around or is it actually passive aggression underneath the smiles? Unsure, we'll never know haha
  • Rosberg looks so so annoyed and peeved off throughout the entire thing, and he keeps making weird fish facial expressions throughout.

Overall worth a watch :lol:

Had a quick read about this at lunch earlier, but it was an article by the anti-Hamilton journalist on BBC Sport. 20kph slower is totally safe and like he's not moving. He was still doing about 100mph around the corner through double yellows when he did not know what was around the corner. But yea, totally safe.

Like the smug face Hamilton has but poor Ricciardo for being dragged into it!

16:55, not got a clue about that but it looks a bit dodgy! Maybe Rosberg was trying to wet Hamilton or just hit him in the nuts with a bottle... Very odd. :lol: Although afterwards Hamilton said he really needed the toilet so maybe he was trying to make him have an *ahem* moment.