We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Driver Stereotypes

Ryzza5

I could have just plonked this video into the 'One Random vid per day' thread, but let's have a little more fun with this

* Which of these stereotypes resonate with you?

* Are there any that you have grown out of (or hope to s**n)?

* Have you ever sung out loud when driving/riding? Would you only do it by yourself, or have you done it with friends? Who started it (you or them)?

* Are you a little ashamed of how long it's been since you cleaned out your car interior? Or exterior for that matter? How long has it been?

* Did you ever resist being a 'backseat driver' with negative consequences? (Driver stuffed up)

* Anyone in your family got stickers all over the back of their car?

* Anything else worth sharing?

Definitely hate it when you lose a phone or memory stick into the void next to the seat.

I think I've mellowed a bit when it comes to being the racecar driver but there's still room for improvement. I like to get ahead on the bike as it's safer when there are no cars around.

* Have you ever sung out loud when driving/riding? Would you only do it by yourself, or have you done it with friends?

On rare occasions, I have. There was one time when a friend and I belted out Angels by Robbie Williams. Not easy :lol:

* Are you a little ashamed of how long it's been since you cleaned out your car interior? Or exterior for that matter? How long has it been?

Yes and no. It has been too long (many months), but it doesn't look like it.

* Did you ever resist being a 'backseat driver' with negative consequences? (Driver stuffed up)

Not that I can recall. I don't like being 'assigned' to find a parking space in a buy city area... sure I don't have to monitor traffic but visibility is much worse.

No... thank goodness.

The Black Hole: It's either the home keys or coins. I always find some money under the driver's seat when cleaning the car.

The Backseat/Passenger Driver: Even at the age of three, I somehow managed to reach from the rear seat to the front to turn on the fog lights because it was foggy outside and my mom had no idea how to turn them on. Always used to do this to my older sister; sometimes she got very angry, but I stand behind my behaviour because her reversing was atrocious (not only that). When things got really bad, I was steering and she was doing the pedal work. Then one day I was not with her in the car and she reversed into a flowerpot. Now I just yell at parents for curbing the wheels.

I'm always forgetting the vehicle key in the slot. Or my phone on the roof.

* Have you ever sung out loud when driving/riding? Would you only do it by yourself, or have you done it with friends? Who started it (you or them)?

I've done it once - with my classmate after the final school exams. Played rap songs very loud, windows down, sunroof opened and driving in circles through the town. :lol:

I'm a member of several detailing forums. That says enough I think. :cheeky:

My dad has got several stickers on his merc. It's those stickers that you get on Alpine mountains and passes. In addition to that, we have these on the side windows of the 135.

Curbed a rim two months ago, but never told anyone. :hide:

The Rage Monster. :lol: Don't know why but like most of the country it seems, I'm a completely different person when inside my own lockable metal box.

Also parking police man. Hate bad parkers because there's no need for it. Why do people forget how to drive as soon as they enter a car park? :lol:

Nope and I hope I don't.

All the time and other people being in the car doesn't stop me. Nor does having the roof down. :hmmm: Which is probably why people tend to grin when they're in a traffic jam next to me.

Yea, it's been 2 or 3 months since I last washed it and I lost my sponge when I moved so it will probably be another 2 or 3 months before I buy a new one. Although I'll probably have a new car before I wash my current one.

Yea, on a few occasions but they mostly involved cones or bollards so nothing serious.

Nope

Nope

It is a mixture of The Dad Inspector and The Rage Monster with me. The rage doesn't go no-where near to the level in the video, but I do get a bit irate when people are just complete morons who really should re-take their test or put their phones down and pay attention.

Out of the others I don't think there are any that apply to me.

I usually just tap along to the music, the most I've done is hum along to music.

No, this is where I really make myself look like a loony to the people who live on the same road as me because I'll vacuum and wash the car almost regardless of the weather every weekend. Since I've had the BMW it hasn't gone a week without a clean. It was almost the same with the Peugeot after four years, but it snowed on a Friday and remained around 0 celcius over the weekend so I decided not to get the hose pipe out for risk of creating an ice rink on the hill I live on. Even then I used some waterless cleaner in a spray bottle to spruce it up a bit :p

Worst one was when I was with my step-dad and it wasn't that bad in the scheme of things. He was driving his BMW in to a car park to go to some shops and he didn't realise there was a kerb on the inside left as he turned so he rammed the back left wheel up over the kerb leaving some nice marks on the alloy wheel. Didn't have a lot of time to warn him though.

No, but my sister loves to put silly trinkets all over the inside of her car. She has the typical nodding dog, two teddy bears either side of the back window, a cushion with the union jack on it across the back seat, and random things hanging from her rear-view mirror. All of this bothers me more than it should.

Negative.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.