We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Forza 6 shift bug

Prophecy

Ahoy-hoy everyone, it's only been forever, just like every time I disappear and return. Picked up forza 6, absolutely loving it, this is what forza 5 should have been, but I'm glad it wasn't, because they needed that crap to build on.

Am using my cockpit/rig, also picked up a logitech g920 which is the business- seriously, if your looking for an xbox one/pc wheel, grab one, it's great.

Am experiencing a little bug... Now, I know how to drive manual in real life, I've been using manual with clutch in forza games for even longer. I can not nail a shift, pretty much every single shift I do crunches gears. Usually downshifting. Sometimes a throttle blip will help, sometimes it won't, sometimes an excessive length of time coming off the clutch helps (usually ends up with me in the wall because I'm paying too much attention to that and not driving), usually it doesn't. I'm using a g27 h pattern shifter (it's my brothers, my 920 one should be here by the end of the week) and that has improved a little, as pretty much EVERY shift I made with the paddles (and clutch) was a mis-shift. Very very frustrating. Anyone else encountered this? Anyone got any tips??

Ahoy-hoy everyone, it's only been forever, just like every time I disappear and return. Picked up forza 6, absolutely loving it, this is what forza 5 should have been, but I'm glad it wasn't, because they needed that crap to build on.

Am using my cockpit/rig, also picked up a logitech g920 which is the business- seriously, if your looking for an xbox one/pc wheel, grab one, it's great.

Am experiencing a little bug... Now, I know how to drive manual in real life, I've been using manual with clutch in forza games for even longer. I can not nail a shift, pretty much every single shift I do crunches gears. Usually downshifting. Sometimes a throttle blip will help, sometimes it won't, sometimes an excessive length of time coming off the clutch helps (usually ends up with me in the wall because I'm paying too much attention to that and not driving), usually it doesn't. I'm using a g27 h pattern shifter (it's my brothers, my 920 one should be here by the end of the week) and that has improved a little, as pretty much EVERY shift I made with the paddles (and clutch) was a mis-shift. Very very frustrating. Anyone else encountered this? Anyone got any tips??

does it happen with all the cars? Some have longer shift time if you release the clutch early it won't get in the gear properly. Try countering it with gearbox upgrades.

Yep, it's just me shifting too quickly- i knew that ID physically put it in gear, but I was coming off the clutch before the game had registered the shift. I didn't know that the current gear display in the bottom right actually showed you when you can let the clutch out (goes from N to the gear you've selected). Just did a whole race without crunching a gear lol :)

Yep, it's just me shifting too quickly- i knew that ID physically put it in gear, but I was coming off the clutch before the game had registered the shift. I didn't know that the current gear display in the bottom right actually showed you when you can let the clutch out (goes from N to the gear you've selected). Just did a whole race without crunching a gear lol :)

Yep, although that is pretty realistic on the other hand you shift a lot quicker if you're not using clutch option (tried both ways). So I'm not sure what to make of that.

It's probably more in line to stop the manual-clutch users on the pad doing the A-button trick where they make A the clutch meaning it's a simple press of two buttons with your thumb giving an advantage over every other form of gear changing user.

Upgrading the gearbox, clutch and other parts should of course stay fairly true to the advantages they would actually provide.

It's probably more in line to stop the manual-clutch users on the pad doing the A-button trick where they make A the clutch meaning it's a simple press of two buttons with your thumb giving an advantage over every other form of gear changing user.

but it's already an advantage for non-clutch users because they can change gears much quicker regardless of input.

Upgrading the gearbox, clutch and other parts should of course stay fairly true to the advantages they would actually provide.

It's just a sound effect though. It doesn't slow you down or do any damage to the gearbox.

Sometimes it happens to me, sometimes it doesn't. I also had it last night in the 458 GTLM car so I don't think it has much to do with how fast you change gear.

• 5 months later...