We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Wild Run PC Beta!

nicram7666

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoyed it quite much. Though I couldn't get the hang of drift spec on a wheel, I scored more points drifting with a keyboard. Monster trucks were fun and with a wheel it is possible to actually turn dragsters without going sideways (which is nearly impossible on keyboard). I didn't drive those new specs too much though, as Kawasaki got my whole attention. I didn't use bikes in TDU or TDU2 since for me they weren't too pleasant to drive with a wheel. So not expecting much, I was very, very surprised how good the bike felt in The Crew. I have my wheel set to 540 degrees and driving the bike was perfect. I spent most of the time just cruising around the map. Previously I was looking forward to drift spec but honestly now I can't wait to drive those bikes again in November (I probably won't though, because Fallout).

Overall I'd say the Crew is headed in good direction. Good job, Ivory :clap:

I did appreciate that they did not abandoned the game after it was a complete failure and they've made an effort to update it. I like the new interface it's more up to 2015 the graphics are not but they are a bit better so that's something. Though I can't help thinking I would happily swap the graphics update with a hardcore mode or better force feedback.

Yeah, I still haven't fired it up yet as I'm expecting more of the same. It's fine if they want to make it arcade, just a shame as open worlds really beg for a good wheel experience for the simple purpose of cruising. I can use the gamepad for linear progression racing games like in NFS The Run.

Graphics improvements seems to have come at the cost of thinning out the atmosphere. Most obvious in side by side comparisons such as Dizzy posted above.