We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Dirt Rally discussion - Got the game? Like it? Don't like it? Heres the place to share your thoughts

RobikV3

So I've noticed quite a few people around here got the game, but nobody talks about it, so speak up!

I got the game yesterday and Its a lot of fun, even though i suck hard at it (obviously :D), but the one thing that baffles Me is the level design the ditches and sort of curbs alongside roads, i think they are bit too harsh.

I have it and it's a fantastic, but very frustrating game. It's easy to make it to the end of the stages but as soon as you try to do it as fast as you can is where all hell breaks loose for me. It usually ends up with me upside down in a tree. :lol: Disheartening when you feel that you've nailed a stage as fast as you can only to find that you're 15 seconds slower than a friend in the same car...

I've not played it for a couple of months though, since before the WRX update so I'll have to get it updated and give it a go sometime.

• 3 months later...

Just bought the game and I must admit that I love it!

Only bad thing at the moment is the fact that you can not adjust the difficulty of the game (or at least I couldn't find any settings for this, AI difficulty I mean). Thereby I end up being in the 5th - 8th place on every race, with huge time difference to 1st place... I am not even that terrible, but I guess it takes some time for me to get from Forza to "hole-in-a-head" rally racing!

Handling is amazing with the wheel and it all kicks back just great. I just wonder, is there anyone else using the Thrustmaster's TH8A shifter with a H-pattern? I'm not able to bind any of the gears in game, so it is useless. Do they even support it, or just the Logitech's shifter at the moment?

By the way: Where is the official discussion board for DiRT Rally? ;)