We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The world's worst neighbours?

CarMadMike

Hi :hello:

I've just read an article on Foxtrot Alpha which is about a family that has lived on and owned land next door to Area 51 for the past 100 years. It's a very interesting read if you're into that kinda thing :nods: Remember, you're reading an article about the 'freedom loving country that is murica'.

It's a bit of a lengthy article but well worth the read imo :D

The Unlikely Struggle Of The Family Whose Neighbor Is Area 51

Let me know if you read it/have any thoughts about it :cheeese:

Just this past July 4th weekend, the Sheahans say that they had family members held at gunpoint while trying to access their property. A 63-year-old woman, a 15-year-old and 7-year-old, all of whom were expected up at the family property for the holiday, were held at gunpoint by a guard who was seemingly unaware of their identity and/or intentions.

The incident was eventually resolved and the visitors were let in, but those involved say they are still traumatized by it. The Sheahans say that the Air Force has responded to their complaint about the incident by saying they had no evidence that it happened.

When asked if the guard involved was a military policeman or a contractor, the Sheahans response was they didn’t know and they probably could not have known anyway. But the fact that there are cameras everywhere around the perimeter of Area 51, especially near guard shacks, makes the family certain that video of the incident exists regardless of what they are being told.

Land of the free.

It's absolutely ridiculous that with a $110 billion budget they couldn't throw 10, 20, whatever million at the family to get them to give it up.

And ironically for a secret not-supposed-to-talk-about air force base, they couldn't have asked for better neighbours. The family could have stood outside with their camera every day and night and documented things they weren't supposed to, but clearly they haven't. They consider themselves patriots and have no interest in exposing what goes on in Area 51.

Given that everyone knows about A51, there's probably nothing all that special about it. You'd be treated suspiciously near any military base. Sure it's a problem that needs resolving, but at the same time you don't waste your time complaining about the noise when you live next to a railway line.

I don't really think it's the same thing, it's more a case of they bought a house and 50 years later someone built a racetrack through their garden, crashed cars into their living room then built a large wall around the house so the only way in is through a gate, if you give them 24 hours notice.

but at the same time you don't waste your time complaining about the noise when you live next to a railway line.

If they were building that railway line around your house and only allowing you to leave your house when there isn't a train on its way, meanwhile the train was throwing nukes and bullets in every direction, I feel you'd probably waste your time complaining too.

I wouldn't be doing what they're doing, I'd have taken the money and left ages ago, but that's just me, I do however respect their decision.

Edit: I agree with scott.

• 1 month later...