We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU on Windows 10

datsunsss

Is there anyone else here that is struggling to get TDU to work on Windows 10?

I get into the game once, exit and then when I want to play again it just crashes.

Have it running in compatibility mode for Vista, with carpack, 1.66a patch installed with it patched further to 1.68b.

Getting beyond frustrating now...:jealous:

Hey dude! The anti-piracy DRM, Securom, that comes with TDU is the problem. Unfortunately Windows 10 has issues with it, Microsoft believes it's a loophole for viruses. You can read more here: Windows 10 won't run games with SecuROM DRM, says Microsoft | Ars Technica UK

I don't think anyone is yet to figure out a workaround, other than dual-boot Windows 7 or something like that, hopefully they will in the future!

• 3 weeks later...

I am using Windows 7 and no problem :-B.

If you are sticking on use of that spying Win10, try the crack from R.G. Mechanics - for me it worked, and all the mod worked with it... And I have friends on Win10, and for those it works SUPER, even if the original game weren't working. And even with the crack you can play with Project Paradise, and most of mods.

• 2 weeks later...

Widows 10?

I have a pc now running windows 10 and tdu has stopped running. Game ran perfectly on win 7 but since upgrading it has stopped working. (I have tried compatibility mode). I launch the game and about 5 minutes later I get a black screen pop up and the message test drive unlimited has stopped working.

Any help is much appreciated as I love this game!

Thanks

I have a pc now running windows 10 and tdu has stopped running. Game ran perfectly on win 7 but since upgrading it has stopped working. (I have tried compatibility mode). I launch the game and about 5 minutes later I get a black screen pop up and the message test drive unlimited has stopped working.

Any help is much appreciated as I love this game!

Thanks

"5 minutes"? So what happens between you launching the game and it crashing?

Well I've tried everything, even no-cd cracks, but I can't get the damn thing to run on Windows 10. Anyone got an idea? lol

Silly question but you did try a completely fresh game install as well?

Duh, of course it won't work in a VM.

:confused:

• 2 weeks later...
i had issue since win8,8.1 and 10. i do this to get TDU and some old games working.

> Start ..right click > Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features > Turn Windows features on or off > ..uncheck.. Internet Explorer 11 > OK and restart.

;)

Unfortunately this didn't work for me :(

Any luck Ry?

New PC windows 10 Crashing

So i finally got my 4k UHD rig and TDU is crashing as much as possible. Game loaded like once (after crashing 4 times) then never again. Just keeps on crashing at launch. Anyone can help? I tried all the compatibility settings, they do not help one bit.

Specs:

Intel 6820HK OC @ 4.1

16.00 RAM

3840 x 2160 @ 60hz Screen

GTX 980M with 8gb ddr5 || and graphics amplifier with 980 ti sc

I haven't played in ages but I've heard of TDU not working as early as Windows 7. Makes sense as lots of games are just not built to accomodate the oddities of the newer versions.

Have you considered running in a VM, maybe Windows XP 64-bit? With your specs you won't likely notice any difference in performance/graphics.