We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Nearly New Year New Years Resolutions

Camel

Hopefully and finally graduate, and get a job, otherwise, i will be unemployed. And that idea scares the hell out of me. :lol: I must find a job. Like, seriously.

Good luck Mills!

I guess I'm aspiring to: getting my driving licence even if I can't afford to drive for a while, finding full-time employment, possibly a tattoo as well, and generally enjoy my shelf.

Good luck Milli!

Just noticed I've not put mine here yet. But so far it's going well!

My ultimate goal is to be able to run a marathon by the end of the year, or at least be able to run marathon distance. And to help me do this I suppose you could say I'm on a Camel diet. Eating breakfast, lunch and tea everyday rather than skipping breakfast and sometimes lunch some days. Not only that but I'll be cutting out most of the sugar and fat as well :eek: I don't need to lose weight and I don't really want to. Just want to get rid of the leftover flab from my chubby days and replace it with powah. :hmmm:

My baseline is being able to do a 5k run in about 27 minutes and feeling like I'm just moments away from my chest exploding and my brain falling out. Got a big hill to climb. :eek: Pretty poor for my age. :(

Good luck Milli!

My ultimate goal is to be able to run a marathon by the end of the year, or at least be able to run marathon distance. And to help me do this I suppose you could say I'm on a Camel diet. Eating breakfast, lunch and tea everyday rather than skipping breakfast and sometimes lunch some days. Not only that but I'll be cutting out most of the sugar and fat as well :eek: I don't need to lose weight and I don't really want to. Just want to get rid of the leftover flab from my chubby days and replace it with powah. :hmmm:

My baseline is being able to do a 5k run in about 27 minutes and feeling like I'm just moments away from my chest exploding and my brain falling out. Got a big hill to climb. :eek: Pretty poor for my age. :(

Don't want to discourage you, but running is hard, man. From what I hear it doesn't get easier either, you're just able to suffer run for longer distances and faster :lol: I have the same issue though, currently weigh less than average for my height but the flab is still there :( Started cycling back in the warmer weather though and it was great. Fairly painless, fun and easy, I felt great too.

I have resolved to do that. Or maybe I put a goal as part of my resolution. Sorry.

But then again, isn't a resolution a goal? "I'm not going to drink as much this year" They probably will. "I'm going to get another job" They probably won't. "I'm going to save money to buy a big house" They'll probably still spend all of the money they want to save on clothes and holidays. So a resolution is essentially a goal... Some people will meet it and some people won't. Maybe they should be changed to personal yearly dictatorships instead. :p

Good luck Milli!

As an avid runner, here's my two cents: get proper shoes and run every day. Every day, I repeat. You'll feel a difference even after a week. Read up some tips on technique, too.

Good luck.

Don't want to discourage you, but running is hard, man. From what I hear it doesn't get easier either, you're just able to suffer run for longer distances and faster :lol: I have the same issue though, currently weigh less than average for my height but the flab is still there :( Started cycling back in the warmer weather though and it was great. Fairly painless, fun and easy, I felt great too.

Running is very hard. I could just aim to be able to ride my bike for 26 years but I think that would be too easy and less painful. :lol:

Running on a flat surface isn't too bad for me. It's just going up and down hills which is the really hard part where my chest gives in before my legs. Might have to move to Holland.

As an avid runner, here's my two cents: get proper shoes and run every day. Every day, I repeat. You'll feel a difference even after a week. Read up some tips on technique, too.

Good luck.

Thanks. I've been looking at a few training guides and will choose one to base what I do on. But I'll only be running for 5 days a week and then jogging for the other 2. I can't run after doing deadlifts or squats. My legs either try to tangle themselves up or make me run to the side which is hazardous to say the least.

Good luck Mills!

I guess I'm aspiring to: getting my driving licence even if I can't afford to drive for a while, finding full-time employment, possibly a tattoo as well, and generally enjoy my shelf.

:btup *likes* Good luck on getting your license :nods: Driving is awesome. And shelves too, I hope you get to enjoy yours.

What would like to get if you were to have a tattoo? I need someone to help talk me in to getting mine, I'm already being the same old me and thinking about it way too much. :p

What would like to get if you were to have a tattoo? I need someone to help talk me in to getting mine, I'm already being the same old me and thinking about it way too much. :p

You're, like, the last person I would ever expect to have a tattoo. :p Why a tattoo?

Imagine being a 65 year-old Andai with a "no ragrets" tattoo on your left arm, chest, wrist or a butt cheek.

You're, like, the last person I would ever expect to have a tattoo. :p

Not sure how I should take that comment. :p

Why a tattoo?

Because why not if it's something I would like and stand by? I'm sure there are as many reasons for getting tattoos as there are people who have them. :p

Imagine being a 65 year-old Andai with a "no ragrets" tattoo on your left arm, chest, wrist or a butt cheek.

That'd be the last thing I'd ever have tattooed, even if it was correctly spelled. :p Even if it wasn't, I won't be the only 65-year old around who has a tattoo. Imagine all the people who already covered themselves. :p Even if I was, I wouldn't have to show it off and explain it to people if I didn't want to (especially not if it was on my arse, which it wouldn't be). Even if I did have to, explaining a tattoo that I thought a lot about getting shouldn't be a problem.

With all that said, I'm still having my doubts.