We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

What cars are you looking forward to seeing in 2016?

CarMadMike

:hiya:

Happy new year people.

I was wondering what car releases you're looking forward to seeing in 2016, whether it's a completely new unveiling of a car or the start of production of a car that's already been unveiled but isn't on those mean streets yet.

Maybe it's something you hope to see being unveiled, a stab in the dark at a brand new model being released for example, without much info to make that guess on.

For me:

The Aston DB11: this will be a make or break vehicle for the brand I think:

aston-db11-spy-20155-001.jpg?itok=FXH5Uzj5

The Bugatti Chiron: With rumours of a 290mph topspeed spreading around just yesterday, I'm very excited to see how far they've pushed things:

2018-bugatti-chiron-2_600x0w.jpg

BMW M2: Looking forward to seeing these on the road, they're cute and awesome little things:

2016-bmw-m2-01-1.jpg

Off hand...

Fiat 124 Spider: Having learned there lesson from the Alfa Arna, we have the Japanese & Italians working together again in a car that look's promising. I'd take it over the MX5.

Fiat-124_Spider_2017_800x600_wallpaper_16.jpg

Alfa Romeo Giulia: Look's handsome enough and with the top model looking to be a hoot. Hopefully it show's it's worth.

Alfa-Romeo-Giulia-5589.jpg

TVR: Yes, yes I know...But I honestly have faith in this. The owner now is an actual fan of the brand, is down with how most TVR owners were & know what people want to expect from TVR. Ford Coyote V8 that's being fine tuned by Cosworth and it also has Gordon Murray on board.

CNfSJeZWgAA6pD1.jpg

*Okay, it's actually 2017 the car is planned for release, but we should expect to see lot's of more info & hopefully see it this year!

Lexus LS-F: This is not likely to happen, but a few people are expecting it. Essentially a balls out crazy LS. We had a somewhat preview of it with the TMG TS650 (640bhp, 564lb ft and 200mpg from it's 5.0 twin Turbo'd V8). Chances are if I happened, it'll be the 5.0 N/A V8 from the rest of the F range, and hopefully that Snazzy blue & orange colours Lexus use. Also keep in mind F engineers did want to use the old V10 in the GS-F... :lol:

03310888265761770862.jpg

And the rest...

Lamborghini Huracan Spyder....brings back memory's of my Gallardo Spyder. I'll have it in the blue colour and a Manual box.

MG GS: It's a Nissan Qashqai suzed SUV, not a car I'd buy myself, or think it's much of a looker. And it's alreday out in China. But If it sell's okay in the UK then there's a chance for more MG's to follow.

Honda S660: There's a slim chance that the tiny S660 may officially be sold outside of Japan. Meant to be a cracker of a car and Honda them self have said "We could fit a 1.0 engine in if we needed". Let's hope this Kei makes it over here.

Bugatti Chiron. Wondering if the claims of 467 km/h and a ~2.2 0-100km/h time are true. Wondering if the base version will become the rarest one just like the Veyron, though I bet this is something for 2017/2018 onwards. :lol:

Aston Martin DB11. It's supposed to have an AMG heart with finishing touches from AM themselves. Very curious to hear it.

Apollo 'Arrow'. Formerly the Gumpert brand, it's been sold to some Hong Kong investors who also own De Tomaso (or what's left of it) and want to sell De Tomaso branded vehicles for their own market (if my experience is anything to go by, DT is for sale again before summer...). So now they own Gumpert, renamed it and already have something to show for Geneva. This could get interesting, positively or negatively.

Ford GT. Wondering how close this car manages to stay to the concept, and what liveries they will come up with.

Mercedes-AMG GT R. More extreme version of the GT S with some active aero thingies, less weight and without a doubt some extra power.

Mercedes-AMG E63 S (4MATIC?). The outgoing E63 in S 4MATIC version goes from 0-100km/h in 3.6 seconds (3.7s Estate). I'm wondering if they'll do the same again with the upcoming new gen E. Although it loses weight, it also lost 1,5 liters of displacement and it's still a big car.

Pagani Huayra "BC". More agressive Pagani is always good. Show it, let us hear it.

Pretty small list I think, the Ford GT and E63 might as well could have stayed out of the list, but ye, minimal interest is still interest I guess.

I'm wanting to hear about the new MG sports car that we first heard about back in 2014! Although they did say before the end of the decade so it probably won't be this year. :(

Also interested in the BMW M2. Potential future car if I like the one I get later this year. :nods:

I'm wanting to hear about the new MG sports car that we first heard about back in 2014! Although they did say before the end of the decade so it probably won't be this year. :(

Unless MG start to sell more in the UK (To which they'd enter into the rest of the EU) we are sadly not likely to see a return. Reason why Im wanting the GS to be a sale's success. MG are big enough in China, and also sell well enough ome south American country's, and also the middle east. But the market for a sports car is low, reason why it's the EU market share that'll be make or brake for it.

Lot's of random politics as well, but i'll save that for another topic so as to keep this one on the right track! :)

-

Forgot to add another car to my list, the new Volvo V90 Estate...

[ATTACH]24584[/ATTACH]

Hopefully Polestar get to do some nasty things to it! :cool:

I was under the impression the GT is pretty much a finished design, 99% there or so. I'd be disappointed if the crazy design/exhaust points etc were changed, we've seen on the 918 it's possible and it seems that Ford are aiming for the new GT to be a lot more expensive than the last one was anyway.

I haven't seen much on the Huayra BC but i've found it weird how little Pagani have been doing as of recently, they seemed to be pushing out special edition zondas every 2 minutes, was the Huayra a complete failure, has the company had issues/changes on the admin/financial side or have they been focusing on something big for the future?

@Myk: you should take a look at how they do things then. The Zonda already existed since the late 90's. True special editions with weird paints, ego-tripper initials, upcoming-economy satisfiers and more of such yeehaw didn't start showing up right after launch but after some years.

Just because not all exotic-supercar CEO's are shouting as loud as others doesn't mean they're not doing well.

@Myk: you should take a look at how they do things then. The Zonda already existed since the late 90's. True special editions with weird paints, ego-tripper initials, upcoming-economy satisfiers and more of such yeehaw didn't start showing up right after launch but after some years.

Just because not all exotic-supercar CEO's are shouting as loud as others doesn't mean they're not doing well.

I didn't think they were doing badly at all I just threw that in as a possible explanation as I do think they've been more quiet than normal. I know a fair bit about the company's history however due to the success of the Zonda you would expect the company to either have more resources available when designing its predecessor, have more funds available to do so, or to have learned from its mistakes from its Zonda programme and therefore be a fair bit quicker in the process.

Yes Tom, they've met the quota but surely you agree they've been quiet. The Huayra debuted in 2011, time seems to have gone fast but we're in 2016 now, it is no longer new. In relation to the Zonda, yes, the QC might not be 'late', but in relation to other luxury marques it is moving rather slowly.

Rumours of a Huayra cabrio have been around for ages, I don't know if they're true but even so, I just expected more from them as a company on the back of their success with the Zonda.

It's nothing to do with shouting loud CLR, successful companies of this calibre have often sold all the models of the vehicle they're unveiling, my issue with Pagani is that they haven't been unveiling much at all, not that they're not selling any.