We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

CES 2016 This Week! VR and more!

Ryzza5

56582a83624d2-logo-ces-las-vegas.png

Want to know what's happening?

Read the full schedule here: Full Schedule - CES 2016

Want to know what's happening even fasterer?

Read this brief article on the homepage: Consumer Electronics Show 2016 | turboduck

Rather watch a video?

Well, ok then:

Want to leave this page without posting a comment? :ban:

Enjoyed reading your article, however listening to the trolololo man was much more enjoyable :cheeky:

My cousin has the samsung VR thing, and even though it's not something I think is worth buying for myself I was very impressed with it as a first foray into VR. Very very interested in the future of VR after trying it out.

Not much in the way of an Oculus press conference video on YouTube.

I was expecting the unit to cost about the same or more than a console, and at $599 US + shipping, it certainly does. Will be closer to $800 here it seems.

I was expecting the number of preorders to be pretty high, and they have been

What I was not expecting is for all the Q1 allocations to be sold out. Current preorders have an estimated shipping date of May 2016.

I've preordered anyway since no funds are taken until the unit ships, so I can jump out of the queue if I change my mind.

I think if you were actually playing on that monitor you'd have the seat closer to the steering wheel (or FOV adjusted), so it's partially a marketing trick. Of course, I'd like to get an ultrawide as well, but I guess I'll wait and see if VR compensates enough.