We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Best of 2015: Your fav song/album/film

CarMadMike

What's an album? :susp: Do people still release those? :cheeky:

For movie I guess I'll say Furious 7 as that's the only one I can really remember watching, and I also quite liked it. The last part of the Hunger Games was really disappointing in my mind.

For song I have no idea, I'll go with this that my sister tipped me about and I finally listened to a week or so before New Year. :p

I also like Springfield by Martin Tungevaag and ItaloBrothers.

Too many movies and songs I like, can't pick.

Top 3 or 5 in no particular order?

Album... the Guns N' Roses one of course... oh wait. Well I honestly think I've only listened to 2 complete albums released in 2015, so I guess my favourite was Bumblefoot's Little Brother Is Watching. He's one of the last people making rock music that isn't stale, repetitive and.. vanilla, I guess.

Film: I've only seen a few of 2015's releases so I guess it has to go to Tomorrowland. It wasn't what I was expecting but it was very enjoyable. Mission Impossible and Spectre were pretty good, but they went on a bit too long IMO.

Song: Peanut Butter Jelly. What a ridiculous song. :lol:

For the movie it has got to be Minions! Best film ever. *is actually wearing a minion t-shirt at the moment*

As for favourite song. Tough one as I listen to a loooot of music and don't really pay much attention to new released. If I do notice one I shall post again.

For the album I was gonna say Arctic Monkeys - AM but then I checked and that was released in 2013. Time really does fly. My search through my Spotify library has brought to my attention some of my favourite bands new albums that I've not got around to listening to yet or even knew about. Thanks Myk!

Found one! :panic: The Prodigy - The Day Is My Enemy. Love it but thought it was from 2014.

boy oh boy, what an awful year for the entertainment/arts. I feel sorry for the world :(

I suppose True Story by Rupert Goold was an alright movie, nothing else really stood out for me.

Same goes for music, Mark Knopfler's Tracker album was good and there were a few new bands here and there but nothing special.

Obviously the best song/album was Hello by whatshername, amirite Mike? :hi5:

Yeah I'm not really good at this pop culture stuff. Although if I hear Sia screeching on about how she is alive (barely, by the sounds of it) one more time I'll flush the radio down the toilet at work. :lol:

My SoundHound history isn't helping either as I've only searched for one song last year on this phone and it's from 2009.

--- Just did a search for 'best songs of 2015', this was in the list, and since it was stuck in my head for a little while I'll go with that:

I caught with quite a few movies while jobless this year but I fear most of them were from 2014. So I'll play it safe and go Furious 7. RIP.

Who buys albums anymore?

What's an album? :susp: Do people still release those? :cheeky:

Yes, they do :D

Can't really remember an album too... but song, i'd say it's this one:

Yah I love that song.

Thanks Myk!

No problem, it's just a service I provide.

Obviously the best song/album was Hello by whatshername, amirite Mike? :hi5:

Yeah I'm not really good at this pop culture stuff. Although if I hear Sia screeching on about how she is alive (barely, by the sounds of it) one more time I'll flush the radio down the toilet at work. :lol:

Oi. You know her name.

As for Sia, she's a great songwriter and I do like her voice but It's not something I could listen to 8 hours a day. I think her new album is fairly decent. :evil: And i like The Weeknd a lot, but that song in particular has been wayyyyyyyy too overplayed (more than Adele and Sia) so I really hate that song. His new single 'In the Night' is great though.

My Favourite song of 2015: No, not Adele :cheeky:

My Favourite Album of 2015: Yes, Adele :leaves:

adele-reveals-artwork-and-release-date-for-new-album.jpg?w=690

Favourite Film: Mad Max: Fury Road I think :hmmm: Not really been that impressed by any films in 2015. Spectre was good though.

Favourite song:

With the movies I've narrowed it down a bit more:

Starwars - amazing watched it twice

Mad max - Brilliant film

Mission impossible - rogue nation

Straight outta compton

southpaw

So I didn't narrow it down :cheeky: I could name 5 or 6 more movies that don't come to mind.

Right in time for this! Album of the year is easy: Drones by Muse. Full of awesome songs which are fun to sing along while driving (jesus I hope nobody ever hears that), to play along on guitar and to just generally rock out to (Had the CD in my car stereo for 2 months straight at one point). Favourite song is a tougher call but I'll throw in this one from Drones, honorary mention goes to Coldplay and their song Adventure Of A Lifetime.

Favourite movie is also a tough call, I didn't watch many last year but I did love The Martian so I'll say that. Also Inside Out, Furious 7, Jurassic World...

A bit late to the party as always, but oh well. :lol:

Fav Album of 2015:

editors-in-dream-album.jpeg

Fav song of 2015: Editors - Life is a fear:

Fav documentary of 2015: Making a Murderer

Really mind blowing and sad at the same time. I highly recommend it. :nods:

Fav Netflix series of 2015: House of Cards.

Still amazing!

Fav Movie of 2015: Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

It's all I wanted and even a bit more. Hands down the best movie of 2015. :nods: