We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

North American International Auto Show 2016

TIMELESS

[headline]North American International Auto Show 2016[/headline]

The first of the season, 2016's Detroit Auto Show, kicks off today and runs until the 24th. What do you like so far, and what are you all looking forward to seeing?

Here's a few to kick off the thread:

Buick Avista

2016-buick-avista-concept-012-2-1.jpg

2016-buick-avista-concept-003-1.jpg

A sleek, sweeping proportion is the foundation for this vision of a contemporary grand tourer, with a 400-horsepower twin-turbocharged V-6 driving the rear wheels and a driver-focused cockpit offering a comfortable, connected center of control.

"The Avista embodies the dynamic soul of Buick," said Duncan Aldred, vice president of Global Buick Sales, Service and Marketing. "It is a modern expression of the brand's heritage of sophisticated performance, communicated with beautiful elegance."

Mercedes-Benz E-Class

mercedes-e-class-25-1.jpg

mercedes-e-class-26-1.jpg

The 2017 E-Class will launch in the US with a 2.0-liter, turbocharged four-cylinder engine. The 241-horsepower and 273-pound-foot engine will be paired with a standard 9G-Tronic nine-speed automatic transmission. It's unlikely US buyers will be limited to the E250 or E300 (or whatever MB ends up calling it) for long. Based on the official images – which already show the Euro-market E220d, a plug-in E350e, and an E400 – we expect Mercedes to flesh out the US engine range fast, with a new Mercedes-AMG E63 sitting at the top. Look out for that one.

Source: autoblog.com

That E-Class is growing on me in design, I think the proportions suit a car of that size more than it does on the C or S.

There are a lot of exciting cars being released at Detroit, but out of them all this one had me interested the most (No, i'm not turning into calster I promise :p)

The 2017 Chrysler Pacifica:

obs7cgmlei7ygc08emgw.jpg

qzhvxm3mcwsxtkro7pcr.jpg

rmwhvutjozq3concxuvf.jpg

The outside looks fab, but the inside looks god awful traditional minivan. It's a shame :hmmm: Will we be seeing it in Europe as a Fiat (or chrysler?) I hope so.

I think you might be right about the E-Class' proportions. However I still hate it on principle. You can't just sell the same car in different sizes, Mercedes! >.<

They did the same in the 80's and 90's and nobody said a thing, Audi does the same thing now and it works, VAG does it cross-brand and it seems to work, so why not :p. Though I agree the E could have been something better, something more recognizable. One of the key things were double headlights and the tail lights extending onto the trunk lid, and what do you know, it lost both :lol:

They did the same in the 80's and 90's and nobody said a thing, Audi does the same thing now and it works, VAG does it cross-brand and it seems to work, so why not :p. Though I agree the E could have been something better, something more recognizable. One of the key things were double headlights and the tail lights extending onto the trunk lid, and what do you know, it lost both :lol:

Exactly, that's my point. You could easily recognise a C, E, or S, and they were also easily recognisable as a Mercedes. I don't see Merc's logic here at all :fp:

Also, can I just add that I really don't like the whole headlight design at lexus at the moment, the fake metal swoosh in the shape of where a normal sized headlight would be. It's clever and modern sure, but it doesn't look that good from some angles and when the car is stationary and up close it can look absolutely god awful. A quick glance at high speed makes it look great but that isn't the case most of the time.

I absolutely adore that crossroad, in that colour, I'd probably add a slight tint to the windows and it would be perfection.

Have they solved the reliability issues with it? (If there were any) The crowd over on jalopnik tend to use the Allroad as an example of one of the least reliable vehicles ever haha

The new Lincoln Continental has leaked (again) before its supposed unveiling tomorrow:

m8r81uburfpr2ndmgkov.jpg

blsk8gmp7vc6wsvcqamx.jpg

kvwtok1syqcqwolhgbtq.jpg

Pictures from Jalopnik - Drive Free or Die

I really like it, the front bumper isn't as good as it was on the concept (reminder http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--mahRUV3q--/fk5ov8ayu1fa8obyxf0a.jpg) but the inclusion of those doorhandles from the concept, that rear light bar and good looking interior makes this a rather quirky and cool alternative to the main german and british luxury vehicles.

It looks quite like a Mondeo, however that front end is a lot more meaner and in your face. I do not know about the rear and that light bar, and the interior doesn't look that hot imo; it feels kind of old in fact.

Not sure about old, just very American. And since none of them will leave the US I guess that's a good thing. I quite like the exterior.