We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

EA Brings Pay-Monthly Access to PC

TIMELESS

[headline]Access the Accessible Access now![/headline]

If you're a console player you probably already know what EA Access is. You get access to a bunch of games for a few quid per month. A sort of Netflix for games. Well, now it's coming to PC as Origin Access.

At EA, we’re passionate about giving our players more variety, more flexibility, more value, and more fun. Today we're thrilled to announce a new membership service for PC gamers on Origin called Origin Access. It's available now in the U.S., Canada, UK and Germany and coming to more countries soon.

Origin Access brings players endless gaming with a growing collection of great PC games for just £3.99 a month.

This new service launches with 15 great games, including Battlefield 4™, Dragon Age™: Inquisition, The Sims™ 3, and This War of Mine with more titles from EA and independent developers added over time. The complete list of titles currently available in The Vault can be found at Origin: Powered by EA | Origin Games

The other benefits of Origin Access are the ability to play upcoming games before release (though you have to purchase after) and a 10% discount on Origin purchases.

Personally I think... Origin needs to crash and burn. Don't they know about Steam yet? It's much better in every way and everybody already uses it. But, apart from that, for £4 it's not a bad service but it doesn't have current games. It has the last Sims, the last Need For Speed, the last FIFA, etc. So if you're not concerned about playing the latest of the franchise maybe this is for you?

Price is good, but not for the current titles on offer. Wonder why they are starting this off with past titles and not even just a couple of more recent offerings to show the worth of the subscription. Seems a strange way to have gone. :hmmm:

Doesn't it? If they had thrown in NFS 2015 (on EA Access of course) I'd have been all over that! I don't know, not a great way to kick things off. But maybe by the time E3 rolls around they'll have upcoming games on it? :hmmm:

Honestly since around Bad Company 2 when they started instating tons of microtransactions I haven't really known EA to be the most consumer-friendly. I'm sure the decision's motivated by reducing overhead from sales but with their history with customers in mind I'm not awfully sympathetic.

I've not really used Origin because it's a waste when Steam delivers more in a less obnoxious software, in my mind at least they should be offering on both platforms to more gradually try to switch people over instead of their current strategy of using "you have to use it to play our gamez!!1", it's not great at building customer appeal and the only reason it *might* work is if they make Origin into software with intrinsic value.

I've had EA Access on my Xbox One for about as long as I've had the console itself. Not playing most of the games though, but especially games like NHL and FIFA are great to have there just in case your friends pop out, because I would not enjoy those games that much I'd ever actually purchase them.

Bad thing is that you only gain the base game without any additional goods. Kind of pointless to get and play Battlefield 4 without the premium to access all the DLC available. They should really include that in there, or at least give a huge discount from purchasing it.

Good service from a company that is generally really bad. I would like them to improve Origin as a service first... I have a great story to tell about EA's security (which blows) in that service, but this is not a place to tell about it! :)