We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Stuck In Boot Loop

TIMELESS

You never mentioned anything about Windows 10! This is why I don't like troubleshooting computer problems without having physical access to the system at fault. Makes it so easy to overlook something.

A corrupt OS won't necessarily give any warnings or errors. Had a few servers this week go rogue and randomly getting stuck in boot loops. Shows BIOS before a black screen then straight to BIOS again repeatedly for about 10 hours!

Ry makes a good point but for those of us living in this decade, you can make a bootable liveUSB that is pretty much the same but it's on a USB stick rather than one of those weird round shiny things. Or you could be a smart arse like me and run a PXE boot server from a NAS/local server so you don't even need a HDD (I think).

Although for most people, just a Windows7/8/10 install USB is more than good enough to fix the OS

450W PSU? :eek:

Well be damned! When I got a new GPU (GTX 970) to my otherwise 4-5 years old gaming rig I upgraded my PSU from 450W to 850W since I wasn't sure if the old one was capable of handling it or not.

With 850W you can go two way or even three way SLI with some cards. :cheeky: