We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

New Guts for the PC

Paladin Skylark

Hello I know little about computers and I want to upgrade the guts of mine so that I can play more games on my PC. (Dragon Age Inquisition runs on Medium and I'm not okay with that)

HERE IS A LINK TO WHAT I CURRENTLY OWN

I 100% know I need a new graphics card - I'd like to spend upwards of $120 USD on one, I however have no idea if my PSU/CPU/RAM will need an upgrade as well and you peoples are the experts. Halp. <3

Personally I think you'd be better off with a new PC if you're not comfortable building your own. Upgrading off the shelf computers from the likes of HP, Dell and Lenovo doesn't tend to turn out too well.

The motherboard doesn't appear to support any CPUs in the last couple of years which could make finding one a it tricky and possibly expensive. Wouldn't recommend a used one. Case ventilation may also be an issue too as it looks to be quite small with no fans/vents on the front or side.

If you upgrade the GPU to something decent you will more than likely need a new PSU. Then the CPU will be a bottleneck so that will need to be upgraded which would mean a new motherboard and it goes on and on and on!

Sorry to be the bear of bad news. Others may say otherwise but imo they're wrong. :p

Personally I think you'd be better off with a new PC if you're not comfortable building your own. Upgrading off the shelf computers from the likes of HP, Dell and Lenovo doesn't tend to turn out too well.

The motherboard doesn't appear to support any CPUs in the last couple of years which could make finding one a it tricky and possibly expensive. Wouldn't recommend a used one. Case ventilation may also be an issue too as it looks to be quite small with no fans/vents on the front or side.

If you upgrade the GPU to something decent you will more than likely need a new PSU. Then the CPU will be a bottleneck so that will need to be upgraded which would mean a new motherboard and it goes on and on and on!

Sorry to be the bear of bad news. Others may say otherwise but imo they're wrong. :p

Tbh a 750 Ti wouldn't need a ton of cooling or power so could probably work with his current rig while being an upgrade without bottlenecking anything.

I agree though that upgrading these kind of PC's doesn't work too well. Building a new one would obviously be the best option but if you don't have the budget to do so then that's just the way it is.

EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti Superclocked 2GB Video Card 02G-P4-3753-KR G-SYNC Support 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 - Newegg.com