We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Freeze when buying first car

Full_Bordel

Hello everyone!

So as you can see I have an issue with TDU2 when buying the first car. The game doesn’t technically freeze as I can still press esc and access to all menus. Price of the car and ownership indicate that the car has been sold. However the game can’t continue because it’s stuck on the saving process. I look at the My Documents folder and nothing is created (no Eden Game/Test Drive Unlimited 2/savegame/…). I did install the game on the D: drive, however the problem still remain when I install it on the C: drive. So I’ve tried to figure out the problem on many forums but I can’t find any satisfying solutions. However I did find someone who had the same problem as mine, saying it was a saving problem. He just told to creat a folder on My Documents/Eden game/Test Drive Unlimited 2/savegame/Profile… But his solution didn’t work (or I did something wrong?). Does someone has a clue to my problem?

Thanks a lot for your answer!

My specs:

Alienware x51 R3

Windows 10 familial edition x64

Intel core i7 6700K

Nvidia GTX 960

16 Gb RAM

• 1 month later...

Ok, so I try to run another game (Darksiders on STEAM) and encounter the same problem. There is no save folder created in My Documents. In this case the game doesn't freeze as in TDU2, but everytime I start the game, I have to start from scratch.

SO... as this problem occure twice, I'm thinking that MAYBE, the problem doesn't come from TDU2 (or Darksiders) but from Windows 10.

I can tell you that as both of those games works fine on my old laptop running on Windows Vista.

What do you guys think?

Maybe WIN "just" protests, as always...

You could try reinstall of WIN, or switch to Linux :). I use Linux (Debian), and with Wine the Test Drives are working properly. You could also try dualboot of Win and Linux.

What about specifications of your PC? Isn't it too slow? Can you post your PC specifications?

• 3 years later...

That's because the game can't access to the save folder. In my case, it was all down to OneDrive sync. TDU2 stores the save files in C:\User\<user name>\Documents\, and Windows 10 tries to sync the folder up to the OneDrive cloud, which prevent the game from saving. The solution is to stop backing up your Documents folder.

1) Right click OneDrive tray icon.
2) Click Settings.
3) Click Backup tab.
4) Click Manage backup button.
5) Click Stop Documents backup.