We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

PC cooling, fan upgrades

ProDexorite

Just recently my PC's chassis rear fan started keeping noise if I set the speed anywhere higher than the lowest possible.

I decided to get a replacement and with that, maybe get one additional fan since the one I had on my side panel hasn't worked for ages, it's just been there and waiting. So I did and I finally received the package yesterday. Installed those sons of b**ches and damn they look fabulous!

[ATTACH]25178[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]25179[/ATTACH]

My chassis has blue led fans all over it, so I got the rear fan with blue led lights as well. For the side panel, I decided to go with pure white, which on the picture seems to blend a bit to the blue, but on a dark room it sure looks more white. The dust filter is also covering the light coming out of it, which kind of pisses me off, but better to keep the filter on... :)

Next "problem": Now my PC is keeping a big noise from these new fans that do not have the speed control option. Especially the one on the side panel, which rotates with the maximum of 2250 rpm all the time, regardless the temperatures (no sensors on those fans either).

I managed to Google out some solutions and I might just be crazy enough to try out these accessories called "Fan Controllers". Basically I've been looking for some cool LCD-monitor plugs for 5.25 block, since I don't have anything on the front but some old DVD tray. From there I could control the speed and maybe even automate the speed of these fans. Do you guys have any experience on those controllers what so ever? :para:

• 2 weeks later...

Aaaand... finally got the Fan Controller installed, so the side fan wont run on 2200 rpm all the time, but is adjusted by the temperature of my CPU instead!

[ATTACH]25412[/ATTACH][ATTACH]25413[/ATTACH]

No idea why the first picture wanted to lean back and go sideways... :hmmm: