We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

86e Salon de l'auto de Genève - 2016 Geneva Motor Show

CarMadMike

2016-geneva-motor-show-logo_100546875_l.jpg

So the Geneva Motor show takes place this week, often one of the most important weeks in the car industry. This 2016 year doesn't seem to have anything ridiculously important waiting to be unveiled but there might be a surprise or two.

So far:

The 2017 Porsche 911 R:

bhh1dpiqbdg5bnzdcyfs.jpg

zmfj5ggtnhzrw36zo24u.jpg

e225joqsvkttwgic7hmb.jpg

images from Jalopnik - Drive Free or Die

• The GT3RS 4.0's N/A 500bhp engine.

• Rear Wheel Drive

• Manual gearbox

The Ford Fiesta ST200:

fiesta_st200_final_highres_01.jpg?itok=93imET0S

fiesta_st200_final_highres_02.jpg?itok=gHJxMOph

Images from Auto Express | New and Used Car Reviews, News Advice

• Power boost to 197bhp from the 1.6 litre engine
  • New paint colours available
  • New alloys
  • shaves 0.2 off the 0-60, now takes 6.7 seconds
  • 143mph top speed.

Lots more to come! Please contribute to the thread :)

The big one for alot of people is the 911R, with all the rumors the past few years of a more back to basics 911 coming back.

It'll no doubt be epic, it'll be fun and hopefully will be able to spec it to look like a base model (i'll have mine in guards red please, with more normal looking alloys if possible) but I can see that it'll be in the same vain as the Cayman GT4, a limited production run with a big price tag as special 911's command. (here's hoping I'm wrong)

Still, hopefully be able to use it in Forza or see one at a local meet! :)

The new Bugatti Chiron:

bugattichironleadbrmarch2016.jpg?itok=f9wNNzZU

5bugattichironcarouselbrmarch2016.jpg?itok=4WizBGce

image from Top Gear | The world’s greatest car website, from the team behind the telly show. News, videos, and reviews of every car on sale in the UK.

• 261mph top speed
  • 1,479 bhp
  • Strengthened version of the veyron's seven speed twin-clutch gearbox.
  • Costs £1.9 million
  • Four Wheel Drive
  • 0-60mph in less than 2.5 seconds
  • 0-186mph in 13.6 seconds, 2.9 seconds quicker than a P1.
  • Weight comes in at 1995kg

^ and limited to 450 units...same number as the total output of Veyrons, which they had all the troubles with to get it sold out. Impressive numbers btw, especially the top speed.

Also, here's the new Spyker C8 Mightcomelator.... eh, Preliator. As I predicted a rebodied Aileron, against my expectation a supercharged 4.2 V8.

12729626_402975439873044_545976719_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTE5NTAzNjgwMDA2MTk3Nzc5OA%3D%3D.2

The Chiron has steadily grown on me as a design, I suggest for everyone to look through the pictures on this jalopnik article to get a better idea of some of the design cues and to see the rear wing in action: Bugatti Chiron: This Is A Lot More Of It 

I watched a motortrend video earlier on the bugatti (

) they had first access or something to see it and interview the team behind it. A lot of them seem to throw the 273mph figure around in the video, meaning either things have changed since they first made the video, that they set their expectations a bit lower, they simply failed at achieving them, or that they're saving that 273 top-speed figure for the more crazy model that is undoubtedly going to arrive in the next year or two.

All in all they've succeeded in bringing the Veyron into 2016, I like the design of the Chiron. The headlight design looks like the exhausts off of the galibier concept (RIP), the rear looks great too. It manages to look classy, futuristic, draw your attention and let you know you're looking at something special without looking OTT and chavvy like the lambo also featured in this thread. I probably thought the same about the veyron way back when, I soon got bored of that, but I hope I don't with the chiron :nods:

A lot of them seem to throw the 273mph figure around in the video, meaning either things have changed since they first made the video, that they set their expectations a bit lower, they simply failed at achieving them, or that they're saving that 273 top-speed figure for the more crazy model that is undoubtedly going to arrive in the next year or two.

It's all explained in the article:

Then there’s the top speed, which Bugatti has limited to 261mph - a token 3mph more than the Veyron Super Sport. The specially-developed, wider Michelins can take more, Bugatti says, and will be used for a Chiron’s record-setting attempt, which is expected to surpass 270mph, but the limiter is a “safety measure for road-travel”.

The front headlights double as air intakes for the front brakes o_O

I think it looks retro with those headlights, not sure in a good way or not.

So umm guys, a little update, obviously a lot more going on in there but just to name a few:

kyrrnpsihm8jf6jfhqwj.jpg

xnmprodsgpox7sddqaft.jpg

brka9kottvpvupbo8v6p.jpg

Abarth 124 :drool:

- 170 horsepower

- Mechanical LSD

- Brembo brakes, Bilstein dampers

- Loud exhaust :D

Also a rally version with 300bhp, built according to some FIA spec I guess :nods:

pbabgbedgkqeo8v415mu.jpg

Then there's the new Corvette Grand Sport

cm9nmmnujvhdvoi9pcrj.jpg

The rear of the Lamborghini Centenario

centenario-web-qasd4-914.jpg?itok=aVsZcsa7

And the new Audi Q2

a161003_large.jpg?itok=wmxGXaSr

a161002_large.jpg?itok=ZG0I0Nv9

Pictures from Jalopnik, Autocar and Top Gear

Mazda should make a MazdaSpeed MX-5 now to 'rival' the 124 Abarth, because I have no doubts it'd look a lot better :D

Sadly Mazda have said a few time's they feel the MX5 is perfect as it and don't feel the need to do any more. (The guys at BBR wont mind though!)

Thankfully though the partnership Fiat/Mazda have is't like the Toyota/Subaru one...so Fiat can go crazy if they want. :lol:

Word is that a 'Biposto' edition may be on the cards...andif the 595 Bipsosto is anything to go by it'll be crazy. (And a price to match)

More info on the Abarth Spider over at Auto Express.

Insane car, just love it. Although I think I prefer the blue actually :hmmm: seems more "Scandinavian"

It is sadly.. Not in a good way in my opinion, shouts IKEA all over it. Why build such a car that tries to blend in and not immediately announces its presence? That's the Lamborghini way of doing it.

What is it and why is it so ugly? :eek: It looks like it's been aftermarket bomb proof-ified.

This gen of Porsche 911 is right on point imo, every version they bring out of it is just impossible to dislike due to it looking amazing.

Id disagree with that previous gen looked more appealin to me,

And the Chiron theres something I dont quite like about the front lights...