We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Forza heading to PC with Forza Motorsport 6: Apex!

TurboDuck

[headline]Forza heading to PC with Forza Motorsport 6: Apex![/headline]

cef6f57a-2272-4207-9f25-ff54ce2fde19-800x300.jpg

Yes, you read that right! Forza Motorsport is heading to your PC this spring! Forza Motorsport 6: Apex is going to be a slimmed down version of the hugely popular Xbox racer and it's going to be free - yes, you read that right as well - free to download on Windows 10.

Forza Motorsport 6: Apex is going to show the power of the Forzatech engine, as you can run it at resolutions up to 4K using DX12 - check out some those details in the gallery below! You'll be racing against Drivatars just like on...

Read more on this...

if they like it, we'll get full FM7 on PC which would be great

How do you know? :mhmm:

I really like this but I've seen so much hate of it :eek: People are so mad they're not getting the full game. They were expecting so much, meanwhile I was expecting Microsoft to limit us to like 5 cars and one track so I'm glad for all of this.

Free is interesting. Here's the other consideration though:

Microsoft needs to stop forcing console-like restrictions on Windows Store PC games | Ars Technica

This exercise may also be a showcase for DX12, or perhaps trying to get Windows 10 and the Windows Store into the hands of a new audience. Could extra game content be priced as DLC down the track?

Or it's a ploy to get people to play the game who otherwise couldn't in an effort to tempt them into buying an Xbone console and Forza before they inevitably release Forza 7 on PC. Thus making hundreds more £/$/€ this year. :hmmm:

• 2 weeks later...

Bad news!

On the bad side of things' date=' it looks to be the case that Forza Motorsport 6 Apex will [b']not be including Leagues, Multiplayer functionality and Steering wheel support[/b], making this title pretty much useless for the sim racing community. Microsoft seems to market the windows 10 version of Forza Motorsport 6 Apex as a publicity teaser for its full-featured Xbox One version.

“Forza 6: Apex” is an invitation for Windows 10 PC gamers to join millions of Forza players worldwide and experience thrilling racing, addictive gameplay and stunning graphics.

Arriving on the Windows Store this spring and available for free, “FM 6: Apex” is a powerful demonstration of what the ForzaTech™ engine can do when unleashed by DirectX 12 at resolutions up to 4K. Developed by Turn 10 Studios, “FM 6: Apex” is the first step in Microsoft’s commitment to creating amazing Forza experiences for Windows 10 PC gamers.

“Forza Motorsport 6: Apex” features trademark Forza innovations such as Drivatar™ opponents and a hand-picked selection of 63 fully functioning Forzavista™-enabled cars, each with working cockpits and full damage.

With bleeding edge race cars like the 2014 Audi #2 Audi Team Joest R18 e-tron quattro, modern masterpieces like the 2017 Ford GT, and classic American Muscle like the 1973 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am SD-455, the cars in “FM 6: Apex” represent the far-reaching diversity that is part of Forza’s DNA.

Players can race those cars on 20 exciting track configurations across six locations – Brands Hatch, Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, Rio de Janeiro, Sebring International Raceway, Top Gear and Yas Marina – including night and wet-weather variants.

Available for free in the Windows Store this spring, “Forza Motorsport 6: Apex” paves the way for future Forza experiences on Windows 10. Stay tuned to Xbox Wire and ForzaMotorsport.net for future updates on “Forza Motorsport 6: Apex.”

To be fair, we were never expecting a full game for free. Which is good, because based on this info and past Forza experiences on console I doubt I'd play this for more than a couple of hours.

bsimracing

Hey, guys, this is my first post here. I've dropped by over the couple years here and there but never registered. So this may bring a bit of insight on APEX. From what I understand the reason why they're not supporting wheels is the UWP. I believe when they announced it, there wasn't support for 99% of the wheels out there. MS and Turn 10 have said that they'll be listening to us as to what we want and don't want. So I would expect to see wheel support a bit after release and I would definitely expect to see wheel support in FM 6/7 and FH 3(which MS has confirmed will be coming to PC). Every time they release a Forza for XBox expect one for PC. The way that I understand this is more or less a test bed for UWP on Windows. UWP does have some major limitations, which a lot are currently known, Phil Spencer has addressed the issue and said that they're working on sorting a lot of them out.

One thing that I really don't understand about the gaming community and especially the PC gaming community is completely trashing a game before its even released!! I just don't understand it. People did the same exact thing with The Crew and it almost killed it before it was even released. People were talking about how bad the graphics looked and how the Jag didn't look "grounded" in the APEX leak video?!?!? I just don't understand some people...:sulk: Anyway, it's good to be a part of the community. I can't wait till we finally get Forza on PC!! :yay:

If people on PC wanted to try it?

Then they get an xbox. If Forza is xbox exclusive, and PC gamers want to try, that's their only option. And as a result, Turn 10 make money on the game and Microsoft make money on the console. There's nothing new here...

Not everyone, stop taking things for granted and you make it sound as if PC gamers who don't have wheels don't deserve to try the game or something.

I'm not talking about people who play NFS, I'm talking about people who play sims like AC, pCars, rFactor, etc. Are you really going to tell me the majority of players aren't using wheels for these titles?

As far as PC gamers without wheels, I'm one of them. A controller is just more versitile and I've been using one since I was 14(I'm oldish). So wheels are meh for me. I cut my teeth on GT1-4 back in the day and then sold my console and never looked back. I have however wanted to play Forza for a long long long time. But I just couldn't justify spending the $300-$500 on a console just for one game when I had a perfectly good PC, so I never did. I just made due with the racing titles that came from PC. But I always missed the GT/Forza style game, as there isn't really anything like it for PC. Well, there used to not be, now you have PCars and AC, but they're just not the same.