We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Is Microsoft Going To Kill Gaming?

TurboDuck

[headline]Is Microsoft Going To Kill Gaming?[/headline]

epic-games.0-800x300.jpg

Today in the news - Epic Games Co-Founder Tim Sweeney has denounced Microsoft's decision via The Guardian to unify Xbox One and Windows 10 (called Universal Windows Platform) in what he is calling "the most aggressive move Microsoft has ever made". But why is combining two platforms to be able to stream and cross-play a bad idea?

Here is...

Read more on this...

I really don't think so. They can try and most probably will try hard but I doubt they will succeed in their plans apart from maybe with some small companies.

Really don't think anything could knock Steam from their spot, or even slightly wobble them.

I personally think the idea of bringing a console and PC so close together is great! They're both running on Windows operating system so there shouldn't be such a big deal.

In best cases, it would remove some stupid restrictions from Xbox One (in example; the fact that you can not install a Flash Player for your Xbox One browser...) and provide the possibility of playing Xbox games on PC and vice versa. It is for the game developers to figure out if they want to focus their game development to best meet the boundaries of Xbox One or go on for the PC in mind.