We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Shall I oil up my pedals? (Thrustmaster TX -series)

ProDexorite

Since I've been racing with my Thrustmaster 458 Ferrari wheel and haven't yet bothered to upgrade for a better pedal set. My acceleration pedal has started to keep some really high noise occasionally when pressed.

I was wondering if I can put some WD-40 to get rid of this noise (which sounds much like there is just not enough grease in some spot). Or would you rather leave it to be, go for warranty or something? Kind of scared of what is in there and would I break something if I would just spray some WD-40 in there? :eek:

Yeah, I just wouldn't bother sending it to Thrustmaster and wait for all that long time if I can just put grease up there all by myself.

Let me try to explain the noise a bit more: It is made by two plastic pieces rubbing together when the pedal is pressed (between the pedal and the platform I would guess). Kind of same if you move your sofa/bed around by pushing and you hear that annoying, loud noise, but it is a bit higher by its pitch I would describe. You know what I mean?