We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Sony PlayStation VR out October 2016 at $399 €399 £349

Eudemon

[headline]PlayStation VR October 2016 $399 €399 £349[/headline]

[media=twitter]709849975182663680[/media]

In a small venue for what is the typical nature of these presentations, Sony has revealed that the PlayStation VR will be out October 2016 and will cost: $399 €399 £349. Thanks to a Periscope stream by Geoff Keighley many were able to watch this being revealed by Andrew House LIVE (what an age we live in).

So there you go, the previous comment by a senior Sony representative about PSVR costing about the same as a whole new system was right on the button.

Will you jump in or has VR got to prove itself before you consider it?

UPDATE: The prices stated are for the head unit and it's accessories, the camera and Move controllers are separate.

I'd still want to get an Oculus (obviously not this one as I don't have a PS and the one Valve is making is way too expensive) but I'll have to wait until the prices drop as I'd also have to upgrade my PC. Really excited about VR but I think the prices will set people back a bit from jumping in just yet :hmmm:

Think I'll be leaving VR for the time being. Could be a bit like VHS vs Betamax or HDDVD vs Bluray and I don't want to back the wrong thing!

Also can't see how having a screen inches from your eyes can be much good for you eyes at all.