We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

F1 2016 - Australia GP

Camel

Here be a discussion thread for the Australian GP. If you've not watched the race yet then don't read any further down as there will be spoilers!

I must say that was a pretty good season opener with Ferrari getting Merc on the edge of their seats from the get go and Alonsos spectacular crash that saw him to a barrel roll mid-air before landing upside down against the barriers in the gravel. Thankfully he was able to get and and was uninjured but presumably rather shaken up. But he sure does know how to put on a good crash/show.

I hope that Ferrari can keep up the pressure on Mercedes and perhaps not screw up their strategy or Kimis car, again. The mini Ferrari team (Haas) placed well but were helped by the red flag. With the jump Ferrari have made, I can't help but think they benefited from the unlimited testing Haas could do on the Ferrari parts...

Can't wait for Bahrain now. :)

Hello darkness my old friend

it is ROS-HAM-VET again

If looking at the result and not actually watching what happened during the race is how you make your assumptions then fair enough, your opinion doesn't matter then.

Ferrari had a 1-2 in their hands and threw it away themselves. Hamilton failed at overtaking a Toro Rosso. The 'Tag Heuer' engine isn't as weak as it was last year, meaning they're not being overtaken easily either. No, there aren't 8 teams fighting for that pole position but that's a bit too utopian and too much to expect too soon, there was some clear progress made today and it was a great race. Was it a fluke and will the silver arrows be more dominant in bahrain? Who knows, but Bahrain has been home to some of the best races of the decade recently so fingers crossed it will continue to do so.