We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Can someone help me with sound modding?

VIOLATOR

I'll be honest... I'm very very frustrated. And that's because i cannot make a darn decent sound mod for TDU. I've read EVERY tutorial on turboduck and all of the known internet and still no good results. What i'm interested in, is how to make perfect loops and transitions. So my question : Is there any sound modder still alive (or not:) ) who can explain me (or make a clear tutorial here) what is his tecnique of making those loops and transitions ? ANY help will be apreciable, so help me please because i need to give something back to this comunitty after taking so many mods from it. Yours sincerely VIOLATOR.

So ... i've made a so called sound mod (wich can be found here btw :Released BMW M6 Sound Mod by VIOLATOR | turboduck forum) and i'm very unhappy with it :-x.

I took the samples from some extracted sounds of NFS Shift 2 , with the same segments (low, mid, high) , readjusted the loops and tried to remove the clicking sound. But the MAJOR PROBLEM is that i don't know how to armonise loops, so the transitions between them can go smoothly.

If some sound modder sees the video and maybe tests the sound , i'm still here waiting for an answer . Thnx.

I would like to help you since I very appreciate the interest you are putting into transitions which are very important to make the samples switch smoothly, but I never tried to make engine sound mods for TDU so I don't actually know how to do it for this game :(

If you need help with sample editing (not TDU related) feel free to ask though!