We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Forza 6 Time Attack League (Week 16)

Camel

[headline]Hello Old Friends[/headline]

E84iE5C.jpg

What's this about?

Earlier this year, Prophecy came up with a great idea for some community competition. What is it, I hear you ask? I'll let him explain in his own words:

Have you been living under a rock? Time Attack is a real world discipline of motorsport where the winner is not based on physical track position or amount of laps completed, its purely based on lap time. You know the rivals leaderboards? Time Attack. Think qualifying laps, except you can bin the car and still win the race, as long as you qualified first.

All you have to do is set the fastest time. So, each week a car or car restrictions and a track will be chosen by the winner of the previous week. It can be any car, or it can be car restrictions such as: Class, Performance Index, FWD/RWD/AWD, Mid-Engined, Naturally Aspirated, Pre-1970, etc. That is up to you, if you win. :smig: You can choose any track, with any weather. The competition will run from Monday-ish to Saturday (ending at 00:00 UTC/GMT), which should allow plenty of time for the winner to choose the next track.

Think of it as turboduck's own Rivals, but with some proper rivalry in the community.

The Rules:

• You must use the car (or a car that meets the restrictions) and track chosen by the previous winner.
  • Tuning/Setups are allowed this week.
  • Dirty laps do not count, stay off the lawn kids.
  • Laps do not have to be from a standing start (flying laps count).
  • If you already have a faster lap recorded outside of the competition, this does not count, you must record another and take a picture for proof. Banana for scale.
  • If you win, don't forget to chose a car/track for the next week before Monday!
  • Make sure to do your times in RIVALS (or free play), they will not be recorded in test drive.
  • The time attack ends Saturday at 23:59 GMT and the winner has 24 hours to choose, then it defaults to the person in second if no choice is made.

[headline]Week 16 (28th Mar - 2nd Apr)[/headline]

Any car- PI S777

Track: Nurburgring full inc GP track - Wet

[TABLE=width: 500]

[TR]

[TD]Driver[/TD]

[TD]Car[/TD]

[TD]Time[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Camel[/TD]

[TD]KTM X-Bow[/TD]

[TD]9:54.226[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Paladin Skylark[/TD]

[TD]Ford Formula EcoBoost[/TD]

[TD]10:03.270[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]carlos_69[/TD]

[TD]Cadillac Limo[/TD]

[TD]10.42.102[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Enjoy. :)

Yes but i could have been faster but that thing in huge and i have it with 4wd, rwd is just to much btw that time was on the starting lap it wasn't a flying lap,

I even attempted the Karussell but the exit was almost a disaster.

Mad camber, even raised the suspension a bit but with more practice maybe a 10 sec improvement in my driving style

9:54.226 with the KTM XBow. That thing really does not like the bumpyness of the track! Took it really easy in the second half of the lap though because I just wanted a clean lap after the high speed sections that have standing water on hills. Caught me out first 2 times around.

Got a few more cars that I'll try if I have time.

This challenge put me back into my old philosophical self. I still haven't managed to survive a single lap, but I couldn't care less.

Why do we play? Why do I put in the hours, why do I get mad? Because when I play, I look for emotional content. I live for that moment that exalts me, and sometimes the only way I can acheive that feeling is to go flat out. Often into a fiery Death, becase I seldom feel alive. But when I push it to the limit, when I can feel Death snapping t my heels memories are created that I treasure.

And the moment when I turned in too soon and clipped a kerb at just the wrong angle putting my Jaguar on two Wheels and into the armco at about 200 miles barrelrolling into oblivion was a moment to remember. This is why I keep coming back, not only to test my skills. Lap times is just a measurement of how much in tune with the Universe I was at that given Point in time.

This week I'm not a full capacity, but I was alive. And my accomplishment was just as gratifying as that day when I'm in harmony and at peace.

That's the day I will defeat thee, Camel.

Mark my Words.

Don't think anyone is on it at the moment and there's only 15 mins to go.

I did manage a 9:34 in the Formula E but it was a dirty lap because I didn't run wide in turn 2... If you go near the white line on the outside of the corner it's a dirty lap for some reason. Rest of the lap was fine I think. >.<

Decided that the puddles in this game are a bit stupid. Clip the water with an unloaded inside wheel and you lose all of the grip from all of the tyres pretty much instantly. As in they all go above 100% grip and turn red in the telemetry. :confused:

I hope next weeks track/car isn't as crap as this one. Thought this one would be good but I was a bit wrong.