We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

OMG a Land Barge

me™

As Calster pointed out in my other thread, I've sold the snotmobile.

I had my fun with it, but got bored with it. I've actually owned this car for a month now, whoops! I also haven't washed it at all in that time.

Now, I have something with a V6 and an automatic gearbox, along with RWD and a fruity exhaust...

No, really, the exhaust is mad. I got Calster to blip the throttle when I stood outside and it actually popped and banged.

hoycgcg.jpg

1MlJ80H.jpg

584AuMW.jpg

PJZzX4g.jpg

The best part? It cost me 3 figures with a year of MOT on it, and it seems to be in as good (if not better) condition than the Audi, and has about 10k miles less on the clocks. It's even 0.3 seconds quicker down the 1/4 mile! Sport mode on the gearbox is hilarious, it seems to have no mechanical sympathy for itself and almost hits the red line in every gear.

I'm not sure how long I'll keep this. I like it, I really do, but part of me still has a strong hankering for a hot hatch. Then I drive the Omega and listen to that V6 and grin. I'm torn.

For those interested, it's the 2.6 V6 in CD trim level. No leather seats, but veloooouuuur instead. Still has dual-zone climate control and all that jazz, plus awesome* fake wood trim!

Nice one, possibly the only Vauxhall I'd buy personally. These are meant to be fairly decent at going sideways aren't they?

I don't want to put you off the car because they're good cars, but my nan drives one of these, albeit a 2.0 CD manual. It's way too big of a car for her to be driving at her age, but she has always liked/owned big Vauxhalls :p

He'd been looking for a barge for a while, maybe partly thanks to me having the LexBarge... :lol:

It's an old person's car for sure, to the point he's getting a tartan blanket for the parcel shelf.

Also, it's been 'raced' on the 1/4 mile within a few weeks of him having got it...

[ATTACH]25911[/ATTACH]

You should know that the circle of people that myself and Me go about with have a wide variety of cars. :cheeky:

Said Impreza, Freshly imported last year is a WRX STI Ver-6 Wagon. (One of 500). Was near enough original other than factory spec stuff. Now Popping out 330hp or so thanks to the re-map, on coilovers and has traditional 'scooby spec' exhaust.

I should stop taking this off topic from Me's OMGa! :lol:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.