We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Server Migration Finally Bloody Finished! PART 2

Eudemon

[headline]Server Migration is Done*[/headline]

I'm knackered and very annoyed, this has not been a fun few days and I am just glad that I could get some things back to see what this new and improved setup will provide over what we had. I hope the wait wasn't too upsetting for those of you who bother to read this and it's made me even more determined to give this place and the members a swift kick up the arse whether they like it or not. What that all means will become clearer in the coming near future.

For now I just want to monitor how this hardware does compared to our last and see if it was worth it or should I look into other options.

Good things to come if it's greener on this side but if there's one thing I know, it is not to believe it will be.

Thanks and goodnight.

*almost

Glad to be back :nods: Good work. I bet you never (or deep down were certain) expected it to get over or up to that 72 hours you first put down as the maximum time expected did you? :p Sods law. It's friday tomorrow, make sure to have a well deserved drink :hi5:

:nods:

I guarantee if Diablo had said it'll take a week or two it would have been problem free and back online in 12 hours :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

[headline]... PART 2[/headline]

Well that went well. :lol:

As you know things hit the fan the past few and now I am hopeful that the issue has been found and that we can get back to normal operations.

What the issue appeared to be was a faulty node, causing problems many times throughout each day to the point where the system would basically say 'I've had enough of this crap, goodbye!'. As of yesterday we were moved to a newly setup node and so far from what I have been able to monitor and see, things are going as you would expect. I'm not completely confident it's fully sorted and it will take a bit to reassure me that this is the case, as if this whole thing has taught me one thing: it is to expect hell to rain down on you and be pleasantly surprised if/when it doesn't.

I'd appreciate if you see the 'Scotty!' message or find another issue to post it so I can look further into it and rule out the need to put myself into the foetal position and cry loudly.

Should all be right in the tduck world then exciting and frightening times are ahead.