We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

New graphics card or PC?

killalldude

I'd wait for a whole system overhaul. The processors (assuming you're only interested in intel) are pretty much the same as they were a few years ago as far as gaming performance concerned. You're much better off upgrading the GPU first then perhaps the system at a later stage. That's what I'm going to do anyway, damn 1070s running out of stock constantly though.

I think I'll personally wait for 1080 Ti's to come out and become plentiful (cheaper) and then consider a new system build. Maybe even next year's Ti. Besides my ridiculous Titan X graphics card I'm still running the exact system that I built in 2012, which had some components (drives, TV tuner, etc) brought from my 2008 build.

I'd wait for a whole system overhaul. The processors (assuming you're only interested in intel) are pretty much the same as they were a few years ago as far as gaming performance concerned. You're much better off upgrading the GPU first then perhaps the system at a later stage. That's what I'm going to do anyway, damn 1070s running out of stock constantly though.

Really? There was so much hype for Skylake, I figured it was far better than the generation it replaced.

I plan on keeping this first gen i7 for a little longer and just upgrade the GPU. I'm overdue for a new graphics card. I just have a bad feeling that by the time the 1070's are closer to their MSRP, AMD will be just around the corner with an update on it's Vega graphics cards.

It's funny thinking back, just under a month ago I was about to buy a GTX 970. Glad I waited.