We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Your favourite driving games of all time?

Much prefer FH to FH2. It was such a let down for me personally, after hearing all the hype. Whatever they did to the physics they need to undo it for FH3.

Midtown_Madness_2_Coverart.png

My first PC game. Spent.. probably hundreds of hours on that game. It was always fun to push cops into the San Francisco bay :lol: That was also my first taste of the modding scene, which is still active almost 15 years later.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/fb/Midtown_Madness_2_Coverart.png

My first PC game. Spent.. probably hundreds of hours on that game. It was always fun to push cops into the San Francisco bay :lol: That was also my first taste of the modding scene, which is still active almost 15 years later.

Some great memories from that game, using the Panoz was great, but thoose Crash course event made my blood boil specially the London Final Exam

I've been trying to think of a game that I could post in this thread other than the obvious TDU. But I can't.

At the time it was the perfect game for me, and probably still is. Had so much fun on TDU and met some truly great people, and some truly awful people too. I still have vivid memories of the game. Like Diablo in his dark coloured (blue?) Audi S6 that had incredible brakes making me crash into the back of him as he turned off onto a side road before a tunnel whilst listening to Capital FM.

But it was the Gran Turismo series that got me into racing games before Forza took over and took it to another level for me. :nods:

And then there's the old Colin McRae games, loved them! Even though I was dreadful at them.

And Toca. Loved Toca 3. Lawnmower racing anyone?

Like Diablo in his dark coloured (blue?) Audi S6 that had incredible brakes making me crash into the back of him as he turned off onto a side road before a tunnel whilst listening to Capital FM.
Those brakes were quite amazing for sure.

But it was the Gran Turismo series that got me into racing games before Forza took over and took it to another level for me. :nods:
Have always admired Forza for doing in its first time what Gran Turismo players had been asking for since GT 1.

Was it Toca that had all the weird cheats like rainbow sky, ufos and stuff like that? :lol:
Yeah the original games had everything from R/C sized cars, tanks, trippy rainbow skies and a mad lava covered circuit iirc.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Personally, I'd add only three games to this list:

GT4: a lot of cars + a lot of stuff to explore + PS2 = my childhood. The, for back then, insane graphics combined with the epic variety of cars (my dads 2003 Peugeot 307 was even included in that game!), I've played this game for years. I did still play it like a few months ago, but there's no fun in it, tbh. I stared at a garage filled with almost every single LMP1 car in the game, seeing a progress bar of 91% that hasn't changed for the past 2 years. I (or actually, my sister) have a PS4 but there's no GT game for PS4 so I kinda want GT again but it's at the moment not possible.

Ford Racing 2: a crap game tbh. But it was my first ever racing game. And there was plenty to unlock, making this game too good for years of fun. It's not a game that should be updated for nowadays consoles, nor is it a game that should be remembered. But there's memory in it. Isn't it just epic to have a game in which the Ford GT is the fastest car available? It was rather special, before noticing that everything I liked about the game is also available in other games, but then better. Nowadays, the only interesting thing to say about FR2 is that the rear side of the PS2 Disc is purple, instead of silver.

TDU2: haters gonna hate, and I know they will. I know how disappointing TDU2 is considering the potential of the game. Did I know that when I first got the game, 5(!) years ago when I was 11 years old? Ofcourse not. I saw a game that had a nice variety of nice cars, nice graphics, okay sounds, and I didn't care about physics back then. Special mention for the avatar customization / walkaround interior options, working cabrio roofs and opening windows. That in an open world game, where you can travel to every single centimeter of the map available, and I can go on. Anyone can have another opinion, but I haven't found a game yet that combines all these powers like TDU2. Combine that with the added social aspect and the dozens of people I've met via TDU2, and the current modding opportunity in the game, and I don't see why this game is not a recipe for success. Note, apart from like 5 hours of "borrowed gameplay" (playing it on a friend's PC) I have an opinion about TDU1, but considering the positive energy towards TDU1 in this thread, let's keep that silent for now. I like TDU2 despite the obvious flaws. The social aspect and the pure cruising and fun I've had, make it unbeatable. My 2 cents.