We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The Grand Tour - It's showtime for Season 2!

TIMELESS

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Going to type things as I see it.

The start is a bit over the top but that's acceptable, this episode is 1:10 long so that extra bit of extravagance is easily excused.

The banter is back. They seem happy, the clip for the next 12 episodes looks amazing :drool:

--- Post Updated ---

After so long wanting to see the Holy Trinity being driven on track by the trio this is crazy. They've got all the technical staff backing them. I want the P1 to win but I'm not confident.

I really liked it, but that star show thing, hmm, what was it about? Felt a bit overdone. Did they do it to tell us theyre not gonna do the star segment anymore? :hmmm:

I really liked the car segments, though. M2. :D They were great, albeit, you know, they got a new track and a racing driver so it feels the same, but I don't think that's a bad thing, is it? They've got a lot of money and it can be clearly seen, lol. All in all, I am fan of TGT. Who wouldn't be?

notbad.avi

I hope that .avi is insincere.

It seems everyone really enjoyed TGT, it's getting great reviews from everywhere but.... you'll guess where.... the BBC :lol: You couldn't make it up. The Grand Tour review: Clarkson returns in 'filmic' show - BBC News

That BBC editor is criticising TGT for the Holy Trinity portugal scenes going on too long....... WHAT. He obviously wasn't a big TG fan nor is he a car fan so why have they put him in charge of that review. Own goal.

I liked the intro monologue part where they made a reference to local politics and laughed at it etc, shows why the idea behind a Tour is a good one and they're properly trying to feel at home in every location they go to..

Oooh yay, Aston Martin Vulcan film, I'd have liked to have seen the DB11 but judging from the trailer that will be a part of the series at some time.

--- Post Updated ---

Really annoyed to see Mike Skinner again, I was hoping he wouldn't be the regular driver but it seems that he is. FFS.

They're allowing non-road legal cars to stay on the leaderboard for the ebolaring it seems. That's good :hmmm:

The irony of JC telling james to go get a Renault (when it's a Dacia), before mentioning it's a car show. :hmmm: I know they're the same thing but meh.

The James May at the Wheelz N Smoke thing was an interesting insight into local car culture, I'd have liked to have seen May have a go at it but I don't think they had the time in this episode.

Celebrity Brain crush or whatever it's called, I'm glad they kept it short but I do like Charlize Theron (RIP :( )

The challenge in Jordan was a bit crap really, there was no real challenge to it in that it was 100% scripted with no real challenge, of course TG is always scripted but the best challenges such as those in Bolivia etc, the actual thing they were doing was still quite a feat in itself.

It was entertaining, and they did say Tonight's episode would be less of a car show than last week way in advance of it so I guess :shrug: Shouldn't complain too much. Still much better than Chris Evans' TopGear.