We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Which is the world's greatest virtual road (in any video game)?

Ryzza5

Kelekole, Fergus, Lake Louise, California Highway, Mt Chilliad... these are but a few of the famously named roads in recent video games.

But which is the best... ever? Does it even have a well known name? Submit your ideas below, then we might be able to name some of these bad boys and vote for the community favourite.

Ignore driving physics for now, only focus on the road itself. If they all existed in real life and you could only visit one, which one would it be?

You may wish to consider roads from:

Open World driving games

Test Drive Unlimited

Forza Horizon

The Crew

Need for Speed

Burnout Paradise

FUEL

Racing Simulators (plus track mods)

Assetto Corsa

Project CARS

GTL

GTR

Race 07

Other

DRIVECLUB

GTA

Call of Duty

Just Cause

etc

Be sure to include screenshots and/or video footage of your suggestions. Include both the map and scenic shots along the way. Also a brief 5,000 word essay on why you think it's the greatest. :)

There's one track towards the end of NFS The Run which is pretty... and pretty awesome. God rays and leaf-littered roads with both sharp and medium twists and turns make for some unique scenery in the racing game world.

I think there may be a stage either side of this one that's even better but I can't find it.

Now this is an ask. I'll need to have a long think for sure. Kelekole is definitely one of the top runners though! There was another fun stretch of road with twists and turns broken up by some long sections that easily rivalled it imo.

Rabbit island? That's what you're going with? :p

Are you criticising the name I'm referring it to as or me choosing that as the best driving game? :p

It's actual name is Mānana island but its nickname is Rabbit island. And I enjoyed driving around it the most out of TDU so poo you and poo your opinion and poo your :p smiley. /mature.

Kelekole is easily a top runner for me :nods: Tantalus was intense, I remember struggling with the time trial back in the days.

As for other games, I do love the whole coastal stretch in Forza Horizon 2, shame that the map in it is still way too small for cruising :lol: