We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Myk's £7500 Garage Challenge: Voting

CarMadMike

Whose combo is the best? Who has matched the criteria the best?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Whose combo is the best? Who has matched the criteria the best?

Hey y'all,

Please vote for your fav combo, please re-read the criteria and have a last look at everyone's choices before voting, and you cannot vote for yourselves! :) The voting will close on Friday at 5pm smile.gif

The Scenario (2-3 Vehicles):

• Average suburban housewivfe needs something with 4WD for those awful dangerous journeys to the school gates to drop off little Clancy for a day of playing Yu-Gi-Oh.

• Average salesman husband called Dave needs something comfortable-ish to cover the miles, but something which makes him feel like he hasn't sold his soul and lives a semi-exciting life.

• Bonus car: Surprise me, you don't have to have a 3rd choice but if you manage to get a 3rd exciting vehicle in the garage then you're going to help yourself to victory.

1. Scott's 3: Press here to see pictures and details:

- Mercedes-Benz ML270 CDI

- Lexus IS 200

- Mitsubishi Galant 2.5 V6

2. Mike's 3: Press here to see pictures and details:

- Subaru Impreza Wagon 270bhp WRX

- Jaguar S-Type V6 Sport

- Mazda MX-5

3. CLR's 3: Press here to see pictures and details:

- Opel Frontera 3.2 V6

- Jaguar Sovereign 4.0 V8

- Volvo C70 T5

4. Tom's 2: Press here to see pictures and details:

- Audi A6 Avant 3.2 FSI Quattro

- BMW 325Ci

5. TDUFREAK's 3: Press here to see pictures and details:

- Toyota Landcruiser Prado

- Nissan Stagea 25 RS-Four

- Nissan Skyline R33 Drift Car

6. Cal's 3: press here to see pictures and details:

- Fiat Panda 4x4

- Jaguar XJR

- Toyota MR2

7. Mell's 3: Press here to see pictures and details:

- Range Rover Vogue

- Audi A4 Avant S-Line

- An unassembled Mini

Was this 7500 per car or something? How the heck are those cars so cheap???

Nope, £7500 GBP for all 3, some people have a bit of spare change from that too. I included the currency conversions into AUD etc in the original thread :) About 15k AUD.

That being said, some of the cars really are amazing value for money, if you look into the details you'll find ridiculous amounts of KM and scratches but at face value, some of them really are amazing finds.

@Ryzza: Some cars go for silly low prices, such as top end barges from the 90's (LS400's,S-Class's, XJ's, etc) are often found at the £1000 - £1500 price range in the UK., in roadworthy condition, with an MOT. Keeping in mind some of them would have cost in the area of £80 - 90,000 when new! (Taking inflation, etc into account)

Why? Well fuel cost and price of some parts.

Likewise, boggo everyday cars will hold there price well for whatever reason. I've not really seen any Bini's in the £1000 price range for example.

-

Scott win's it for me, got a soft spot for that style Galant and doesn't seem to need much work from what I can tell (Sadly can't do an MOT history check due to hidden Number plate). Often considered IS200's and the late models have aged well, and generally well looked after. As for the ML? Well it's a Merc so it's a German I can live with. :lol:

TDUFREAK was very tempting though I'll admit!

Cal for me on this.

The 4x4 Panda is great in an odd way. Don't ask. And I'm awfully sorry, I appear to have left my it in my... Jaaaaaagggggggg. MR2s are good if you can find a good example of one.

Insurance is pretty reasonable once you get to 23 over here it seems. For me it is anyway now.

Engine rebuilt 1000 miles ago :cheeky:

So was the engine in my Mini. Still looked like it had been run on coal for its whole life though! :p

And the poo shooter's replacement was found and included in my budget :( I thought i'd done really well with that...

....but nope, Fiat Panda 4x4 :p

I saw that, but changing the exhaust sadly won't fix years of hoonery. And damn right Panda 4x4. :p

So was the engine in my Mini. Still looked like it had been run on coal for its whole life though! :p

I saw that, but changing the exhaust sadly won't fix years of hoonery. And damn right Panda 4x4. :p

It's a Subaru :oook: Nothing can kill it. They are designed for years of thrashing :p