We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Gran Turismo Sport - Gameplay Trailer

hassan1995

That camera mode looks absolutely stunning, the amount of freedom they've shown should pit a majority of games to shame , not to mention those images look amazing.

Sony and Polyphony Digital have unveiled their new Gran Turismo Sport release.

The game will launch in the UK on 18th November.

Here’s a few top line facts about the game.

- 137 Super Premium Cars (at launch)

- 19 Track Locations with 27 layouts (at launch)

- Dirt Tracks make a return to the game

- New tracks include: Northern Isle Speedway, the first half-mile oval to appear in the game and Tokyo expressway, based on the highways of Japan.

Game director Kazunori Yamauchi said the game will “cater to first time players” and “set a new standard for racing games”.

Yamauchi also said the game is "the most innovative" Gran Turismo since the first game released on the original PlayStation console

You could sorta feel the passion the PD guys have for cars and the GT games. :hmmm:

Two things, though: 1) if they cater to "first time players", does that mean that this is not a voll fett GT game? 2) let's hope they put as much effort into vehicle sounds as in the photomode.

I couldn't help notice they didn't let us hear engine sounds... I doubt they're improved much. :(

Sounds are still a let down from reports of those who are there, and they're using headphones so it's not a big open area disrupting being able to hear the audio type thing. It can look as good as reality, play like the best thing ever but if it sounds like a Dyson owners convention then I'm keeping away.

It's ridiculous that aspect is still not one of the main areas they are working on.

Sounds are still a let down from reports of those who are there, and they're using headphones so it's not a big open area disrupting being able to hear the audio type thing. It can look as good as reality, play like the best thing ever but if it sounds like a Dyson owners convention then I'm keeping away.

It's ridiculous that aspect is still not one of the main areas they are working on.

100% agree, the sounds are crucial to the experience. Hearing turbos sucking in air, the engine roaring, the exhaust backfiring - it's what gives you the tingles!

This has the potential to be an amazing game, lets just hope they have worked on all the things that everyone has always complained about with GT. The photomode looks amazing, the graphics aren't too bad, and there is finally a livery editor!! let's just hope the sounds are good and that they have improved the physics, because lets be honest, they call the game a simulator, but the physics are still kinda arcadey.

When it was first announced, I was a bit Meh.

But seeing that, looks like we could be back to the good ol days of GT! Looks like road cars can be made into fully fledged race cars (al-la GT2), as well as just giving them basic mods (wheels, aero, etc), here's hoping the mod's & tuning are like GT4's. The Photomode looks to have a ton of locations like GT4 did. Just hoping the physics are good, as much more believable than Forza's can be!

Also, finally a livery maker and looks alright. And the list of cars I spotted is good! 4C's, F-Types, Impreza (Sorry WRX STi as its now called) as well as an RC-F.

Now don't go and disappoint me and leave out the Cappuccino PD! :lol:

It looks alright, but the car list is a bit slim. I thought the premium cars from GT5/6 were said to be PS4 quality anyway? So there should be close to 300 cars if that was the case.. unless they're purposely trimming it down and saving them for GT7.

Anyway, the graphics are gorgeous and there are some nice cars in there, but not sure if it's worth buying a PS4 just for this game. Will have to see when more gameplay is shown....