We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Forza Horizon 3 {DT} - Coming from a land down under and onto Windows 10 (KEEP LEFT!)

CLR-GTR

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id say its rather meh the only car Im gonna be using is the AMG GT R and not a lot probably since I prefer the standard one

Although the Supra is meh and the GTO is out of my league (I don't really like old and American), the Speed 6 is nice to drive, the Morgan is fun, the AMG GT-R is just great but that could be my Mercedes bias, the F-Pace is just something different and the HSV, well, mixed feelings. But I consider that a pass, from the previous packs, the NSX, M4 GTS and M2 are the only cars I use regularly.

Although the Supra is meh and the GTO is out of my league (I don't really like old and American), the Speed 6 is nice to drive, the Morgan is fun, the AMG GT-R is just great but that could be my Mercedes bias, the F-Pace is just something different and the HSV, well, mixed feelings. But I consider that a pass, from the previous packs, the NSX, M4 GTS and M2 are the only cars I use regularly.

This pack wasn't the best but still good, the gtr is a great car with an awesome sound and the speed 6 is just a sexy car to cruise in, I haven't tried the 3 wheeler but I imagine it's heaps of fun.

I agree, however the aussie cars they casually toss in are good for the classic european or american cars. You guys are missing the Sunbeam Tiger, which I just have repaired, yet not driven.

It's available. For PC, the DLC is 4.43 GB but requires a 4.25 GB patch to work. After that, make sure Windows itself tells you the game has just been updated, and then you can start it. For NVidia GPU owners there is yet another step though, to install the latest driver 376.19.

Definitely more steps and time than simply adding DB7.viv to the Cars folder like in '98... :confused:

• 3 weeks later...

January car pack has been leaked through the MS store regarding its contents. In the DLC Clue thread on the forza forums, they also made the announcement they're not introducing new sponsor brands (some people were guessing a car sponsored by Optima batteries) and that the Chiron will not be introduced in a car pack that already has the 'hero car' mentioned up front (in this case, the BMW i8).

- 1972 Ford Falcon XA GT- ****

- 2015 Volvo V60 Polestar

- 2016 BMW i8 (Clue 4)

- 2016 Bentley Bentayga

- 2014 Ford #11 Rockstar Energy F-150 Trophy Truck

- 1987 Nissan Skyline GTS-R R31

- 2015 Radical RXC Turbo

Small heads-up: something went wrong in uploading the 3D, 2D and coding data for the new Rockstar car pack, so the Store thinks it has to redownload the whole 50+GB the game was big. Turn10 tries to find out what's wrong, but they've mentioned that if you download the update, the upcoming fix might require you to redownload the entire game again...

Hi folks,

We are aware of an issue with PC players being required to download the full version of FH3. While we investigate the cause and a fix, we are recommending that PC players cancel their current downloads of this FH3 update, as players who download this update will likely need to re-download the game again once the fix is in place.

More updates as they become available.

Thanks,

Brian

Yes Andreas, it's not as simple as MBWR or pre-2K NFS'es, where you'd just download an executable or a zip file containing the bits of data of a car. Good ol' days.

Update on the situation:

[uPDATE: 1:30 p.m. Pacific] - A few updates for you:

- The incorrect PC version of FH3 has now been removed and replaced. PC players who have the FH3 version ending with .37.2 should immediately uninstall that version of the game, then re-install. The correct playable version should end in .35.2.

- NOTE: PC players who completed the download of .37.2 and then started a new game save will have a corrupted saved game. Avoid creating a new saved game on .37.2, and only play on .35.2 to avoid this issue. As long as you have an existing save and have not created a new one on .37.2, your saved game will work correctly once the update is available.

As a reminder, you can check your version number on the launch screen where you sign in.

--

Looking at the list of leaked cars, there are only a few that get me excited. All of the DLCs so far have been pretty similar tbh, generally they include at least a jdm car, an suv, a "funny car" and a forced boring aussie car. Then they also add in a new barn find, but what do you know, it's always a car that's been in Forza before and should have been in the game to begin with :hmmm:

Wow that sounds a lot more like a rant that I intended :lol:

This whole game was marketed massively for offroading so that's where all the SUV's and race pickups come from I guess.

Some interesting stuff on that list, including a Lola and the 300SEL 6.3 and ofcourse Zuffenhausen's finest. I guess the second Expansion for the Expansion Pass will be a Porsche exclusive carpack. Way too many Porsches have leaked now, they could almost run DLC's until FH4 if they try and release all those Porsches like that :lol:

Ye I read that in some of the comments, that almost the entire list of leaked Porsches is what had previously been released twice as a Porsche Expansion... ah well.

Some websites have started picking up the story, especially because of a listed MY '17 Lamborghini 'Bellissima'...

Here are some pics btw of some of the leaked content:

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet