We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Forza Horizon 3 {DT} - Coming from a land down under and onto Windows 10 (KEEP LEFT!)

CLR-GTR

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They based FH3 for a considerable part on the offroad abilities and 'adventures', so alongside purpose built off-road racevehicles and jeeps, you get SUV's. And the SUV obsession I think also comes from the fact that after all the regular 'cheap' soccermom tractors, the sportscar brands have also discovered this area of the market and want to launch their own super SUV like that horrible Bentley, an even more horrible Rolls ''wedontwantyoutocallitanSUV'' SUV being developed now and ofcourse the Maserati, multiple Porsches, the Lambo Urus... Such cars never been in games before, but with a game that also wants to keep mentioning the offroad theme, it's just waiting for them to show up.

This information will make for an interesting few months of announcements and clue threads. Will also more than likely turn up some 'what happened to... ?' queries too I imagine.

Good to see more of the not so well known or used Porsches showing in the files too.

Hubbahubbahubba

Sic9BaH.jpg

If it helps, here's an overview of cars not yet available:

???? Multiple Arctic trucks, credits-mentioned

???? RWB USA Porsche, credits-mentioned

???? Rob Parson 240SX 'Chairslayer'

2017 Aston Martin DB11

2009 Audi RS6

2003 Audi RS6

2001 Audi RS4 Avant

1977 AMC Pacer X

1973 AMC Gremlin X

2017 Bentley Continental Supersports

1959 BMW 507

2016 Cadillac ATS-V

1971 Chevrolet Vega

1972 Chrysler Charger E49

1970 Dodge Charger Fast and Furious (Dom's)

2013 Dodge Dart

2010 Ferrari 599XX

1995 Ferrari F50 GT

1992 Ford Falcon GT

1932 Ford De-Luxe Three Window Coupe

2016 Honda Civic Type R

1951 Holden FX Sedan

1985 Holden VK Commodore

1970 Honda S800

2016 Jaguar XE-S

1971 Jensen Interceptor

2011 Lamborghini Sesto Elemento

1972 Land Rover Series III

1969 Lola T70

2016 Lotus 3-Eleven

2010 Mazda MX5 Super20

1990 Mazda MX5 Miata

1972 Mercedes-Benz 300 SEL 6.3

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

1995 Nissan NISMO GT-R LM

2014 Nissan Nismo Juke RS

2010 Pagani Zonda R

1971 Plymouth GTX426 Hemi

2014 Polaris Slingshot (once mentioned by dev)

1956 Porsche 356 A

1956 Porsche 550 Spyder

2012 Porsche 911 GT2 RS

2004 Porsche 911 GT3 (996)

2012 Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0

1982 Porsche 911 Turbo 3.3

2014 Porsche 911 Turbo S

2014 Porsche 918 Spyder

1989 Porsche 944 Turbo

1987 Porsche 959

2003 Porsche Carrera GT

2012 Porsche Cayenne

2015 Porsche Cayman GTS

2015 Porsche Macan Turbo

2016 Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 NEW

1970 Porsche 917LH NEW

1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RS NEW

1995 Porsche 911 GT2 NEW

1990 Renault Alpine GTA Le Mans

1993 Toyota #1 T100 Baja Truck

2016 Vauxhall Corsa VXR

1983 Volvo 242 Turbo Evolution

2014 Zenvo ST-1

Is there even one car in FH3 that has that? It's like TDU2, no car there had it. According to Eden, because they had some issues with the new physics system, rendering it impossible for them to use different wheels front and rear. With the mistakes in FH3, I think it's more than likely Playground/T10 forgot about this.

As Santtu said, a lot of those cars will never get into the game. There are more cars than dlc packs left.

According to Eden, because they had some issues with the new physics system, rendering it impossible for them to use different wheels front and rear.

The real issue was the physics system. lmao

Well, only took em 2 days to select the right files for uploading:

[uPDATE 1/5/17 10:45 a.m. Pacific] -- The team is preparing the new version of the latest update for the PC version of FH3, which will include the Rockstar Energy Car Pack. While I don't yet have an exact ETA of when this update will be available, I'm hoping it will be as early as tomorrow. As soon as the new version is available, I'll update this thread accordingly. Thanks for your patience.

Is there even one car in FH3 that has that? It's like TDU2, no car there had it. According to Eden, because they had some issues with the new physics system, rendering it impossible for them to use different wheels front and rear. With the mistakes in FH3, I think it's more than likely Playground/T10 forgot about this.

Not sure. You have the game, I don't. :cheeky:

I get it that Eden couldn't do it, but all the Forza cars (starting with FM4, I think) are apparently laser-scanned... I don't believe different wheels are an issue for the game engine and devs.

Though they don't know how to pick the right files to upload, so... who knows.

There is so much I would believe should not be an issue for devs but FH3 does contain some really, really odd things here and there that makes me wonder what were they thinking. Including that bug that adds almost 5000 kg of mass to that Nissan pickup when choosing other wheels than stock, and as you mentioned, managing to upload not a couple of files for an update, but the entire dev build of the game.

I get it that Eden couldn't do it, but all the Forza cars (starting with FM4, I think) are apparently laser-scanned...

that is hardly believable, nearly 500 cars some of which impossible to source extremely rare, I don't buy it at all, just like drivatars, there is no way they would invest in such a complicated coding algorithm for an insignificant change.

that is hardly believable, nearly 500 cars some of which impossible to source extremely rare, I don't buy it at all, just like drivatars, there is no way they would invest in such a complicated coding algorithm for an insignificant change.

I am not saying you are wrong, but this is what they said about developing the cars. Just how tough is it to get a car scanned into Forza? - Roadshow

We send our car sourcing team to the ends of the Earth to find the perfect example of a car we're looking to add to the game and gather detailed references. With Forza Horizon 3 being set in Australia, we of course set out to find iconic new and classic Australian cars all over the country. Without a doubt the most elusive car was the 1951 Holden FX Ute. While these classics once roamed all over Australia, and many still do, it was exceedingly difficult to track down a perfect, pristine example. The day our sourcing expert was headed back to Sydney for his return flight to the States, we got word that one was available, about a 20-hour drive from his current location. We asked him to change his travel plans and go track it down. It was quite an adventure, and we think players will really appreciate the effort when they see this amazing piece of Australian automotive history in the game.

We have a number of different methods for sourcing cars that will be playable in Forza, depending on what kind of access is available to us. That includes CAD data provided by the manufacturer, as well as digital laser scanning, and our proprietary digital photo-tracking technology. This allows us to faithfully recreate every fine detail and subtle curve with unprecedented accuracy and beauty. We pool this information together to create the digital model of the car, taking into consideration all of its physical properties and capabilities. We take a tremendous amount of care to make sure our cars are as accurate as possible -- they need to look right, sound right and perform precisely as the real car does in the real world.

From sourcing to production, bug testing and polish, and finally being available either on disc or as part of a DLC pack, the general process takes around six months.

We have a number of different methods for sourcing cars that will be playable in Forza, depending on what kind of access is available to us. That includes CAD data provided by the manufacturer, as well as digital laser scanning, and our proprietary digital photo-tracking technology.

They literally said it's only one of their methods :p

Yes, laser scanning is one of three methods - two of which I didn't know about.

Still, the methods used in the development should ensure the models are precise enough to have different wheels, amirite. So I'm guessing they're lazy and just do one single type of wheel per car and spend the spared time modeling engine bays.