We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Forza Horizon 3 {DT} - Coming from a land down under and onto Windows 10 (KEEP LEFT!)

CLR-GTR

I've reconsidered and I'm interested in the expansion, however I still think it's weird for Forza and they could've gone with a better idea for an expansion. Let's just say I take it but I think since they surprised almost everyone by not making it a Porsche nor FnF expansion, they could've gone all out and do something truly special which suits Horizon, and although this is probably fun, it does not fit in. Cool, but wasted opportunity. That's my 2 cents.

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason it reminds me of one of those Midtown Madness 2 mod maps with narrow roads all over the sky. I guess these devs figured it worked for GTA5.

I don't honestly get all the hate this is getting, it looks ridiculously fun :D Nobody's forcing anyone into buying this :shrug:

Except that I purchased the expansion pass last week. :)

I'll still give it a shot - looks better than the Monster Truck thingo in The Crew.

I don't honestly get all the hate this is getting, it looks ridiculously fun :D Nobody's forcing anyone into buying this :shrug:

I've already bought the pass, I couldn't care less since I've only paid the price of 1 expansion but I'll tell you why people are salty. You have all these cars but no roads to drive em on. Anyway rip that dream

But you guys knew what you were getting into when you bought the expansion pass, there were no guarantees about the second expansion, it could even have been Porsche again. This is still a map expansion, definitely more original and probably more fun than Blizzard Mountain/Storm Island which were pretty useless once you completed them.

I've already bought the pass, I couldn't care less since I've only paid the price of 1 expansion but I'll tell you why people are salty. You have all these cars but no roads to drive em on. Anyway rip that dream

For some reason it reminds me of one of those Midtown Madness 2 mod maps with narrow roads all over the sky. I guess these devs figured it worked for GTA5.

Except that I purchased the expansion pass last week. :)

I'll still give it a shot - looks better than the Monster Truck thingo in The Crew.

I've reconsidered and I'm interested in the expansion, however I still think it's weird for Forza and they could've gone with a better idea for an expansion. Let's just say I take it but I think since they surprised almost everyone by not making it a Porsche nor FnF expansion, they could've gone all out and do something truly special which suits Horizon, and although this is probably fun, it does not fit in. Cool, but wasted opportunity. That's my 2 cents.

I gotta agree with all of you guys. It seems like a wasted opportunity, having so many cars and so few roads to drive them. I'm not saying it's going to be boring but, as we discussed on the whatsapp chat, they could've made it a stand alone package and I'm pretty sure it would sell anyways... Even it could've been a new series for playground games (Damn, why don't they hire me as product manager?)

And yes, FH3 is more on the arcade side, but it still keeps some real world "component" to it so why not stick to that. Btw. if they plan to add 6 islands (Fictional islands) why don't they add them to the current map... Imagine the possibilites... Anyways I'll play the expansion, because I have already bought it, and play it. Just like Loek said, it's a wasted opportunity

But you guys knew what you were getting into when you bought the expansion pass, there were no guarantees about the second expansion, it could even have been Porsche again. This is still a map expansion, definitely more original and probably more fun than Blizzard Mountain/Storm Island which were pretty useless once you completed them.

I wish it was the damn porsche pack now :lol:

Let's be honest here, did you guys really expect them to expand on the original map? Or would you guys have been happy with a small "normal" map expansion like BM? I know we'd all like FH to be the successor to TDU but the map size has never been and probably never will be on the same level. Their map quality standards are too high for them to make a map big enough for actual cruising.

Well, nowadays computers and consoles can handle higly detailed open world maps, Check Ghost Recon Wildlands, GTA: V or even The Crew, that while not being super detailed is damn fun for going from one part of the map to another (Going from Miami to NYC on The Crew took me something like 25 mins). Maybe it has to do with limitations on the "World engine", not allowing them to expand the map.

Let's be honest here, did you guys really expect them to expand on the original map? Or would you guys have been happy with a small "normal" map expansion like BM? I know we'd all like FH to be the successor to TDU but the map size has never been and probably never will be on the same level. Their map quality standards are too high for them to make a map big enough for actual cruising.

I honestly thought it was going to be the porsche pack, so I had no clue after the pack was announced. I suspect we'll never get a descent map for any horizon title, the audience for cruising/driving is way too small to consider. Its not that they have `high standards` for world design, that isnt even true, they're just targeting a completely different segment who can't give two s- about map size

You can't even mention the crew's map, yes it was a massive map but it was boring the game was unpolished and garbage, Gta's map isn't even that big but is fun which shows a massive map isn't needed for a game to be enjoyable. And @Ozzmcom if it was another porsche pack do you realise the backlash they would have gotten for that, people would be even more salty than you right now.

Why is it when you have a negative opinion on something someone always has to come along and tell you "you don't have to buy it". :fp:

Stop being so 'salty' Scott, jeez.

I can't say the hotwheels expansion pack interests me much, even when I was young I enjoyed collecting hundreds of hotwheels cars but the tracks and accessories never interested me at all.

It's something different which I welcome with open arms, if they made a map expansion yeah okay that would have been cool, new races and new roads to cruise on some cool photos, yeah and what else?

With this there's so many more opportunities, playing online with mates will be stupid fun whether it's racing or purely messing about, it's vibrant and opens the opportunity to a lot more stunts and what not, not to mention how epic the photos will be.

It's something different which I welcome with open arms, if they made a map expansion yeah okay that would have been cool, new races and new roads to cruise on some cool photos, yeah and what else?

With this there's so many more opportunities, playing online with mates will be stupid fun whether it's racing or purely messing about, it's vibrant and opens the opportunity to a lot more stunts and what not, not to mention how epic the photos will be.

there are literally countless other full-on arcade games u can play similar to what you're drooling over, can't us driving enthusiast have this one request for once?

there are literally countless other full-on arcade games u can play similar to what you're drooling over, can't us driving enthusiast have this one request for once?

I agree that trackmania already has this down pat and there's no need for it in Forza. That being said, the Horizon series is hardly a driving enthusiast game.