We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Gallery NOW OPEN - Share your in-game pics, photo mode images, photography and YouTube videos!

Eudemon

Ooh it looks purdy! It's very neatly organized and very intuitive to use thus far for me, will see what uploading is like once you fiddled with the permissions. I'm a bit confused though, it's not meant to replace photo threads on the forum, is it? I'm thinking of it more like a place where I can upload my favorite screenshots or photos, whereas in the forum I can post all of it. Or...?

Ooh it looks purdy! It's very neatly organized and very intuitive to use thus far for me
    Thanks Anders, that is good to hear as I have been staring it for ages and have only had myself and the blue team to get feedback from. And despite their observations being ever so helpful, it is good hearing from someone who has only seen it now.

will see what uploading is like once you fiddled with the permissions
    You're good to go now!

I'm a bit confused though, it's not meant to replace photo threads on the forum, is it? I'm thinking of it more like a place where I can upload my favorite screenshots or photos, whereas in the forum I can post all of it. Or...?
    The main point of this is to give people what they have (seemingly) been wanting for a while - a place where they can post their pics and vids in an easy manner. For a while we have heard how people wanted to post things but found it annoying to do so due to the broken up sections, this takes care of that does it not?

And this is only part of what we have in mind for this place going forward. Just a bloody nuisance it's me that's gotta do it. :lol:

Cool baked Beans Andy... seems much nicer than the other alternatives we discussed (ages ago). Will it integrate into the forums at all or do members have to remember to check the gallery on its own?
    Thanks Ry. As most of it is down to myself to make happen it will be no quick thing and chances are I will probably break something else when going all mad scientist on it. :para:

@Mike: Thanks man.

I must say that it looks much better with proper pictures from people and not just 10 pictures of a scantily clad woman, an orange cat, a beach and some sort of ball.

Maybe we should start locking people in cupboards unless they use it?

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE:// 15/7/16 – Implemented a display of the latest 5 media items posted to the gallery on the main forum home for members in order to help boost the viewability of stuff that's posted.

Don't forget, I'm an idiot, but I can tend to stitch things together at times for the greater :duck: good. :p

UPDATE // 15/7/16: Implemented a display of the latest 5 media items posted to the gallery on the main forum home for members in order to help boost the viewability of stuff that's posted.

Don't forget, I'm an idiot, but I can tend to stitch things together at times for the greater :duck: good. :p

Cheers

I wonder if you can integrate new gallery postings into 'Your Crap' with a counter of new posts + comments. All the OCD members won't be able to stand having a number there and so will have to click it. :)

btw some feedback on posting videos - if I r/click a video and Copy Target Link it's a pain to have to copy that somewhere else and then only copy the ID because the field has a character limit. If you know the length and the preceding characters to the ID is it possible to accept the whole link (full or shortened) and work it out automagically?

i.e. some psuedocode

Input = [plain]

If Input.Contains("v=") Then

Position = Left(Input, Find("v=") + 2)

Output = Left(Input, Position, 11)

[/plain]

Worked fine the 2 times I've used it so far. Only notices I have are:

- in the future allow more images to be uploaded in one go? like up to 5 or something?

- please disable the description field to be mandatory? but maybe that's just me, using it as a quick dump for the forum posts :p

rhaps anything we post to the forum provides an irrevocable licence for turboduck.net corporation to use said content + images however they wish (i..e for articles) and so they need a way to search through them all.

I mean, who else is going to search the gallery? :)

Multiple-uploads is on the agenda CLR. Again it is something I want to do because it makes sense but it's the how that I need to investigate. As for the description, it is to make it easier for your item to be found if someone does a search for a specific topic. If you title an item and it's funny but you don't have funny in the title then if someone searches for 'funny' (a common search) your image won't show.

But adding a simple: 'a funny incident that happened during an...' then your item will be included. :)

The fact of the matter is, the gallery is basic and anything you do to help your stuff be found when it drops off the first page or so of the main or category it's put in, the better. :cool:

Case in point: Search for 'BMW' and you get your old green one in the results but Camel's DRIVECLUB shots and cal's recent postings don't show.

But who is it that is searching the gallery? :think:

Maybe anyone who wants to.

Why do they want to? I'm not saying it will never happen. But to stress the importance of tagging implies that there is an assumed reason and I'm curious to know what that might be.