We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

No Man's Sky Pillar Trailers [UP 27/07]

TurboDuck

[headline]No Man's Sky Pillar Trailers[/headline]

Capture-800x300.png

As the release of No Man's Sky crawls ever so closer, Sony have been releasing a series of trailers that give you a glimpse of the 4 basic areas of the game. Explore, Fight, Trade and Survive. There are just 19 more sleeps left till the game hits the stores on August 10th in Europe or the 9th in good...

Read more on this...

If things get more expensive/harder as you get closer to the center of the galaxy, I imagine you'll want to have a good stock of units built up, because if you die (and you might die there more often) that basically all you'll have (and blueprints, etc) iirc. Trading is certainly going to be interesting (reminds me of a much older 2D game I played ages ago) but I fear it's what I'll get bored of first (or at least the cycle of mining, travelling, selling). If it integrates well with learning languages and forming alliances then that will help a lot.

Yeah im quite surprised about that as well, but then again maybe theyll add it or something if people gonna demand it enou.

Im not too bothered about it theres some decent single player games too, multiplayer can be very rage inducing in some cases, this will be more of a relaxing game i think.

Yeah im quite surprised about that as well, but then again maybe theyll add it or something if people gonna demand it enou.

I don't think there is a single game in history that added multiplayer to the same title after demand. But I don't know what I'm talking about I'll probably get corrected.

Remember FUEL? You could warp around a little bit but not directly to friends either (there was a dev cheat available to PC players). That game didn't last too long. MP servers is probably what keeps Minecraft going too.

I'm also starting to doubt that there's not a whole lot more non-grindy stuff that hasn't been shown already. Sean himself said that he would expect most players to stop playing once they reached the center... maybe nothing that special is there after all and it's just pure simple gamification.

The reason MP is so limited is because Sean wants to give us a certain experience. Well once we've enjoyed that experience I don't see it as impossible for them to extend MP a bit more. We know they plan to keep adding to the game (what other stuff could they add to an infinite based from an offline seed). There's already quite a bit of netcode in there as well.

On the other hand, playing down the MP might be a clever excuse over a small teams difficulty in implementing something rock solid???

I'll play it for at least a month. FH3 will be out around about then.