We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

2017 Ford GT: What is Ford playing at?

TurboDuck

[headline]2017 Ford GT: What is Ford playing at?[/headline]

pkeLDx6.jpg

Let me take you back to 2002. The world was a much simpler time: Foot and Mouth disease was still the biggest talking point in British tabloids, David Beckham was still scoring goals for England, Pierce Brosnan and Halle Berry were faffing around in Die Another Day and Girls Aloud went straight to #1 with Sound Of the Underground. However,...

Read more on this...

Shmee150 got one due to his social media presence and nothing else, he only just purchased the focus rs a few weeks back and I'm assuming the selection was already done by then. Captainsparklez aka minecraft YouTuber also got selected and I'm assuming that's because of his 10mil sub count. Just goes to show that they're wanting publicity for the car.

Shmee150 got one due to his social media presence and nothing else, he only just purchased the focus rs a few weeks back and I'm assuming the selection was already done by then. Captainsparklez aka minecraft YouTuber also got selected and I'm assuming that's because of his 10mil sub count. Just goes to show that they're wanting publicity for the car.

Yup. The Shmee thing is actually rather hilarious. The RS was purchased sometime after he sent his GT application. :rolleyes: Ford are fools.

But on the other hand, is the publicity necessary? Look at the new NSX, i'd personally call it the biggest supercar flop of the 21st Century.

Captain Sparkles in a Ford GT? That just seems so not his style. Good for him though.

So Ford are just trying to be more like Ferrari now?

btw Sound of the Underground wasn't that good a song really. Much prefer their version of I think we're alone now.

Also saw it recently about SHSSHSMMMMMMMMMMEEEYYY, I was already wondering ''is he such a massive Ford enthusiast and owner?''. But what dominated was indeed the feeling that Ford just made a nice PR story to make the car extra attractive, with in the end the big shots missing out, and the youtube celebs winning the nominations.

And how often will they film their car? I don't know a lot of such youtubers, but I thought most of them are about car spotting and riding shotgun in other people's cars, instead of uploading 500 vids on what they do with their own?

Being loyal to a brand means nothing these days.

Surely annoying your loyal fans who'll be back time after time is better to please than a handful of youtuber's/medial personalty's who'll no doubt sell the car in a years time for the next big thing? Sure it means the car gets short term exposure and such, but at the expense of loyal, long term owners?

To me it feels like they are trying too hard to be "hip n trendy" with a social media presence, as most cars in the supercar class make there own presence and have done for years! From the Lamborghini Countach in the 70's & 80's to the Ferrari Enzo & Ford GT of the 2000's!

I don't know why even Ford is doing a 400.000$ car, and then pulling a exclusivity stunt with it while giving a middle finger to their die hard fans by giving cars directly to youtubers and celebs which will keep the cars for sometime and then sell it for a massive profit.

The thing is i understand what Ford is doing, Ford knows they couldn't sell a car that expensive they just don't have the prestige and status of Lambo or Ferrari in the market so they are pulling this for the car to get known and liked or hated, i just wish them the best and that the car isn't a flop against it's competition.