We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Sony release new preview images for GT Sport

TurboDuck

[headline]Sony release new preview images for GT Sport[/headline]

02_BMW_M6_GT3_Walkenhorst_Motorsport_2016_1471427218-800x300.jpg

A large amount of new screens have been released for GT Sport and with them we can see that Polyphony Digital have been busy little squirrels. (why... why squirrels?)

2016 has been a bit of a torrid affair for Gran Turismo fans, starting with the FIA-partnered event in July that seemed to show a less than stellar looking version...

Read more on this...

The biggest problem is that it almost certainly will not work with my steering wheel. So it could be the best GT ever and I wouldn't see the point of getting it. It seems that the 'best' PS4 wheel right now is still the Thrustmaster T300 which doesn't look that good. Not compared to what I currently have. And yet my wheel works just fine on PS4 in Project CARS only because they took the effort (and ignored the politics) to support it, which just makes it so much more insulting for GT and DriveClub.

Support / FAQ

PlayStation compatibility - Fanatec Forum

Could you imagine if TV makers had to get Sony licenses to work with a PS4 console? That's kinda how ridiculous this is. It works, but it doesn't, because money.

As true as what you say is, business trumps common sense unfortunately. Those two games are first-party and so it would look bad and sour relations on those who have deals with Sony if they went out and supported other hardware through that additional effort. Wheel users always get a raw deal on consoles, it's unfair but it keeps happening so maybe it's only a small amount who are impacted and therefore they don't really care about it.

The stupidest thing is. that at all the shows and press events they strive for that look with the games but seem to ignore the players who go and recreate that immersive setup.

Basically it's ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Aaaaaand it's delayed:

Hello GT Community — I am sharing some news today that we have made the difficult decision to delay the release of Gran Turismo Sport to 2017. GT Sport is Polyphony’s foremost competitive gaming title, with high expectations from both the fans and from within our team.

From the start this title has been one of our most ambitious undertakings by using the latest technologies, such as physics-based rendering and sound simulations, and Scapes photo mode. In combining these features with a new Sport mode, we are offering a competitive gaming experience to truly reinvent what it means to be a racing game. We’ve been excited and humbled by the response each time that we’ve shared new gameplay with everyone.

However, as we approach our planned release date in November, we realize we need more time to perfect GT Sport, which we’ve already dedicated so much effort towards since announcing the title. We do not want to compromise the experience in any way. While we cannot confirm a new release date at this time, we are more committed than ever to making GT Sport the best Gran Turismo game to date.

GT Sport will continue to be shown at several gaming events around the world. I hope everyone has the opportunity to experience first-hand the yet-to-be revealed cutting edge experiences that will be achieved by GT Sport.

Thank you for all your continued support.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/08/30/gran-turismo-sport-update/

Didn't say till when in 2017 lol...

I mean apart from the hardcore fans most people aren't missing out on a lot, you want a simulator? Assetto corsa has been released, so has f1 2016 and forza horizon 3 is around the corner which will keep most people satisfied.

In some sort of counter-argument, Assetto Corsa on consoles is unplayable with a controller and it doesn't support private online lobbies, which is a pain to organize leagues and competitions.

Well, F1 2016 is a whole different game, it's not even same category. Different public. And same goes for Forza Horizon. Different game for different public.

Good games, but what you get in them is not the same you get with Forza Motorsport and Gran Turismo.

Polyphony are doing a spin-off now with GT Sport though :confused:

They could've had Evolution Studios working on GT Sport while Polyphony worked on GT7. If Evo Studios would've wanted to do that :cheeky: Now it's going to be a long wait until another main entry in the series comes out (unless Kaz is serious about just evolving GT Sport with DLC :ohno:).