We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

What Have You Played Recently?

TIMELESS

Jelly. I've never played any of them. :hide:

So I recently bought Firewatch, beautiful game, really interesting story with plenty of twists. I really enjoyed it, the only issue is I completed it in 4-5 hours. If it was longer, which it really could have been, it would be a solid 9/10. Worth picking up in a sale I'd say.

Jelly. I've never played any of them. :hide:

It's not too late. I remember around 15 years ago when me and some friends played this on our Gameboys during breaks in first grade or so. A few years later I even got a second Gameboy with link cable solely for the Trade function in the game. Thanks to the wonders of time and technology all of it can now be done with emulators instead. I still play it sometimes.

LsmzIFDRxcTiwYMAKiQe0YSWT7QAYH.png

NMS has been more humm drum in last few hours and RL swings from great fun to very frustrating multiple times per hour. :)

Also Project CARS PS4 league races each Sunday night which are tough work but good fun. Currently 2nd in the tournament with 2 races to go.

GT sport and Forza horizon 3 and The ps vr

Gran turismo had a really good setup to try the game, with racing seats and the thrustmaster wheel, the game itself was good handling felt solid and graphically its really good, now for forza :drool: I had full assists on and it felt meh but my god is the game stunning in person.

The psvr was bloody brilliant when it worked :lol: the thing didn't rest on my face too well and it was fuzzy but once that was fixed the thing was great, had a go at battlezone and i didn't feel dizzy as feared

Battlefield 1. I think this is going to be a good one. It feels refreshing, something different. Gone are days of reflex sights and x40 scopes, finally rifle shots damage planes (after all they are made out of wood and fabric) and you can finally run towards people waving a machete (Actually happened to me).

EA did a good job to me, scenery (Sinai Desert) looks excellent, textures are top notch as well as effects. You experiment in one round, clear skies, rain and a raging sand storm. All these factors affect how you have to play. When the rain or even worse, sand storm come in, planes and long distance rifles are useless, you have to find a way of advancing through enemy lines with tanks and people. When skies are clear, you better have a good eye, it's quite difficult to see enemies in the distance (Although they have kept the scope-shine-in-the-distance for sniper rifles), scopes have a basic "aiming cross". Or you can give a try and blow lalalala up from above, take a bomber and drop a couple of bombs over the town (I admit they should have a more devastating effect, like sweeping all buildings, although these do break), but you have to be careful since these are slow and lazy, and can be easily taken down by a triplane which is "much" more agile. Of course there's no RPGs or similar things, if you want to blow that tank you have to set the charge right below it, the map is full of heavy artillery like cannons, AA and such.

Sounds are great too, and how the person moves is very well done too, like you can see NPCs shooting with only one hand on the pistol and things like that.

Performance wise is great, I haven't seen a single FPS drop the whole hour and a half I've been playing. Rock solid on 60fps even in the worse conditions (Sand storm and big explosions). Plus, you can go to battle on a lalalalaing horse, which of course it reacts when you shoot at it!

bf12016-08-3023-18-522nsxk.jpg

bf12016-08-3023-20-067zsjs.jpg

bf12016-08-3023-21-17lks6w.jpg

bf12016-08-3023-22-14cjsm9.jpg

Jalopy. It's weird. I fixed my car up, went for a drive, broke down by a petrol station, couldn't figure out how to buy things, eventually found my wallet, bought some parts, fixed my car, continued driving, rolled my car, now what?

Got a refund. If it ever gets polished up in the future I'll definitely look into it again, I really liked the concept.

This Is The Police - a sort of police management game with a storyline. Very good, love the graphics and and sort-of comic book art style. It's dark and gritty while also being comical like a Rockstar game. It's also got a whole lot of playtime in it, I'm 14 hours in and not even halfway through. It's good bang for your buck entertainment.

Recently tried FM6: Apex again, it's definitely running smoother and feeling better than it did at first. There's still something different in the physics, I can't quite put my finger on it, but I just think playing with a Xbone controller should feel like FM6 on your xbone... surely?

• 4 months later...