We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

[RELEASED] Test Drive Unlimited Ultra Community Pack v1.04

Milli

Oh, I'm gonna love this pack

Hopefully! I am doing the best i can! :lol:

hey bro where can i download this pack?

@Ahmed_A7 the pack is not ready yet and is a she not a bro lol

:lol:

Edit: And yeah, it's not ready yet, there are still a good bit of things to do, but once it gets released, there will be a download link in the first post. ;)

Aloha Milli at all,

your project seems really good and there seems a good thing for the community, but I'm thinking about something...

some riders maybe don't like all the mods (like traffic in v1.68 for example, or traffic will be updated a day maybe), or some cars are maybe too old and not really on top to be on TDU in case with the latests versions ripped in last games,

so maybe it could be interesting to release a version of patch with last (good) parameters (2.0 seems really good) and open/add many slots with the TDU strange car on default, in a version like that, riders could choice her best mods at their opinion about quality or interest of cars to be include in their TDU

that's only an opinion, not a judgment about all works released until now

thanks to apreciate, or not :duck:

have fun

Aloha Milli at all,

your project seems really good and there seems a good thing for the community, but I'm thinking about something...

some riders maybe don't like all the mods (like traffic in v1.68 for example, or traffic will be updated a day maybe), or some cars are maybe too old and not really on top to be on TDU in case with the latests versions ripped in last games,

so maybe it could be interesting to release a version of patch with last (good) parameters (2.0 seems really good) and open/add many slots with the TDU strange car on default, in a version like that, riders could choice her best mods at their opinion about quality or interest of cars to be include in their TDU

that's only an opinion, not a judgment about all works released until now

thanks to apreciate, or not :duck:

have fun

I haven't installed traffic cars or anything, the game is in a very raw state. That means original roads, original traffic vehicles... i am not going to mod that.

About the car mods, i am not putting all mods, because i am aware that their quality might not be the best, i test each mod before to see if i think the quality is good, if i can find a good camera for it, only then, the car gets added to the game. Otherwise, it stays out.

I see what you mean, and i ask you, what is the difference between replace, for example, a Ferrari Testarossa or a Default Car? People will be pretty much able to replace the cars in the pack as they feel like. But, for people who doesn't know how to mod, or have no patience at all, they will sure enjoy a Testarossa way better than a thousand of Default Cars.

And, as stated before, on "Things to do", i say that i will create "Custom Car slots", which is exactly what you've suggested. I had that idea and will do so, but those will be like 15 slots, which imo, after so many cars added, i believe will be a bit more complicated to find many cars that you might want in the game that's not already added.

P.S. I am also not listing on the car list, cars that turn into another when you tune them in the shops. I will leave that as a surprise for those who download/install/play it. :lol: For example, the Mines from the video won't be listed in the car list.

oki doki I see what you mean bro, I just wanted to say that the modifications are not always good for all, maybe sweet or maybe less, choice to add can become difficult

that's what I saw on the v1.68, for example I don't like new traffic, in other land (v2.00) the idea to put the bots in races with a normal traffic was very good,

by the way in the example you given, I think the 512 TR is more beautifull than the Testarossa (who have strange lights) and more powerfull too, so maybe people prefer the 512 TR in this facts, or not (I prefer the testarossa in real, but not in the game for example)

edit : in an other example, I really love the 959, but something strange happenhed when i ride more than 15 minutes with it, the computer burning and it shoot all textures, this kind of things can happens !

so thanks for all your works and to keep the idea to put free slots for all the eventuals cars who coming later ; so maybe a "perfect patch" could be simply to add free slots in cardealers with all bests evolutions people did (to have a real optimized and clean TDU to start a personnal customized game)

keep it up :duck:

oki doki I see what you mean bro, I just wanted to say that the modifications are not always good for all, maybe sweet or maybe less, choice to add can become difficult

that's what I saw on the v1.68, for example I don't like new traffic, in other land (v2.00) the idea to put the bots in races with a normal traffic was very good,

by the way in the example you given, I think the 512 TR is more beautifull than the Testarossa (who have strange lights) and more powerfull too, so maybe people prefer the 512 TR in this facts, or not (I prefer the testarossa in real, but not in the game for example)

edit : in an other example, I really love the 959, but something strange happenhed when i ride more than 15 minutes with it, the computer burning and it shoot all textures, this kind of things can happens !

so thanks for all your works and to keep the idea to put free slots for all the eventuals cars who coming later ; so maybe a "perfect patch" could be simply to add free slots in cardealers with all bests evolutions people did (to have a real optimized and clean TDU to start a personnal customized game)

keep it up :duck:

There is both, Testarossa and 512TR. I am adding cars, not replacing them. Just a few got replaced, like the Aston DB9 (badly made by TDU) was replaced by a DBS and a Virage, which looks like a DB9.

And as said before, i am not really a "bro". :lol:

yes for sure, we can remplace cars of original game, like we can remplace custom added cars in all patches,

that don't done a simply patch (optimized for tdu, not for our personnal hopes) with open slots to do what we want or we prefer,

in this ways, we can see that many cars are not perfect in firsts times, that's why many mods have many releases ;)

Milli what you think about also adding Illusion paradise mod ?

Also good luck with everything

Not sure about it, there a few things on Illusion's paradise mod that i don't really like. For instance, darker asphalt on intersections and other things. I might leave that open, so, people who likes can add them, people who doesn't, don't have to bother going back to original.

@ Stories:

Like with all original cars ingame, I think, you would also be able, to replace the ones, that Milli will ad and you don't like.

Am I right, Milli?

Totally right. Every added vehicle will be shown and editable in TDU PE and Modding Tools.

And as said before Stories, i am looking into many websites, picking newer versions or versions that are correct. I test each one of them and if i don't think it's good enough, it's not in. Another point you're missing a bit though Stories, is that not everyone knows how to put a mod in TDU. And most people know how to, but they don't know how to fix rim sizes.

Example:

SFy1F9s.jpg

This is an image from TDU ReincarNation, or something like that. That can happen to any mod, because it's an inchoerence between the rim size in the rims.db and the Default Rims you choose in TDU PE. So far, none of the cars i've added have such problem, mostly because i had to work a way around, because when you simply add a car over another, it might get smaller than tires or bigger than tires. Common issue.

There is also the problem with tuning packs, TDU tuning shops have a brand limit, i can't put more than 8 or 9 brands in one tuning shop, if i do, it simply won't work and the car won't be tuned.

Another point is, correct color names, with custom cars, most people will be stuck with "Yellow" "White" and so on, they won't have a Rio Yellow Pearl on NSX, or a Verde Germoglio on a Dino. That is why i think it's better to have more actual cars than simply generic open slots. Avoids trouble for most people who don't really know how to put a mod. :D

yes certainly, I tried to mod a little my TDU when I saw the high quality of certains mods released (rider since the betaPC in january 2007 (10 years soon), TDU modificated since 1 month), and there is not easy, as well if there is some very goods tools available.

for example with the carmods I tried to add some BMW's to remplace lexus and there was a succes, easier at all ; but when I tried to change the saleens tuned with some BMW's there was a ducking bug with the 20' wheel, I could change the diameter of wheels in 15' (with the tool of tires and his excellent tutorial) but the tires stay in 20' :rolleyes:

i know that it's not simple to add mods correctly, it's for reason that I try to talk to you at all about a simply patch who could help anybody easier with their own choice of adds ; like a patch with free slots in every car dealer with 15 or 16 or 18' wheel diameter

I don't disagree about your mega patch of course, because I know that there will give many more cars who maybe are not available cause of dead links, it will certainly an extra car-mod-bank to have mods, we need it to have certains mods but maybe starting on a simple version with free slots could be a good idea too to help everybody

i know that it's not simple to add mods correctly, it's for reason that I try to talk to you at all about a simply patch who could help anybody easier with their own choice of adds ; like a patch with free slots in every car dealer with 15 or 16 or 18' wheel diameter

I don't disagree about your mega patch of course, because I know that there will give many more cars who maybe are not available cause of dead links, it will certainly an extra car-mod-bank to have mods, we need it to have certains mods but maybe starting on a simple version with free slots could be a good idea too to help everybody

You see, it is not easier. That would be double work. Make a pack with lots of generic cars and make a pack with real cars. That means make it twice instead of once.

Hum not really a double job,

It ask to prepare a good work, one with standard open slots in each car dealer who can used by anyone, and one to add mods in each car dealer from a open patch with many slots opened

In the way you work, many users will need to change cars who they don't like, and if there are like +200 cars, it will be a hard job for many people, but like I tried to tell to you, your project will be a mega mod-bank and it's seems a good thing :duck:

Hum not really a double job,

It ask to prepare a good work, one with standard open slots in each car dealer who can used by anyone, and one to add mods in each car dealer from a open patch with many slots opened

In the way you work, many users will need to change cars who they don't like, and if there are like +200 cars, it will be a hard job for many people, but like I tried to tell to you, your project will be a mega mod-bank and it's seems a good thing :duck:

They wouldn't have any more work on replace standard vehicles. The principle is the same. Difference is that instead of replace an actual car, they would replace a generic one. But the replacing would still be necessary. And in the other side, people who actually want the cars would need to replace generic cars either!

But let me be straight, which cars you don't like so far, or which car that you want and haven't seen on the list so far?

Edit: If they need to replace 200 cars they don't like, they would need to replace 200 generic cars they also don't like. See how that's quite pointless? The replacing cars would still be necessary, also the massive work. But with generic cars, that is work for everyone, with already added cars, it's work only for those who doesn't like the cars.

Milli I have checked list and I think it's great, maybe I could suggest some models for you to consider adding to your pack? of course if it is even possible to find anywhere:

Nissan GT-R 35 (I think you just missed it on list though, if not Norby931 made perfect model), Porsche 991 GT3 RS and Porsche 918 Spyder (TDU Zoqqer has awesome models of both of them on his site), Ford Mustang VI, Lotus Exige S v6 (I love this car's rear *.*), Lykan HyperSport.

Would be awesome to see them in pack :)

P.S. also did you miss some cars on the list? it ends on Lamborghini, but in vanilla game there is Mercedes, Mclaren, Nissan etc.