We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

[RELEASED] Test Drive Unlimited Ultra Community Pack v1.04

Milli

Okay Milli, I've played with your pack a bit and I quite enjoy it, however various cars (can't write which exactly ones, you'd need to check it with every car) have issues with top speed, tunes or performance (however I guess that for example 462 km/h top speed of Ford GT is unreachable). I hope you could look and eventually fix those insane top speeds (you don't tell me that Mustang GT500 2010 reaches 430 km/h, SVT Cobra R 387 and GT 462 km/h, heck, I'm not even sure about CL AMG and 360 km/h.)

Also, some cars like Mazda RX-7 Type R have insane tuning setups, but I can forgive this (because lvl 3 tuning gives performance of practically 100 in almost every matter).

But you know what's most annoying? When you want to explore the car in dealer/garage/whatever and want to open the doors or windows - in various cars doors don't open (only window "opens", it just moves without doors) and in general it's weird :P

Also, what about unused slots in tuner? Like Toyota Celica GT-Four ST185. When you choose first TRD kit, offroad bodykit pops up, but when you go lvl 2 and 3 it just... goes back to normal

I understand that the package is still in development, maybe some compromises are made, but can you look at these problems? :D

Maybe I'm a weirdo that worries too much but hey :p

Hi Milli,

Thank you for your patch 1-2.

But (sorry for that), I loose my weeling controller (logitech driving force). It's no more recognize by the game.

Anyone got an idea about how to solve this problem (I already reinstall the program profiler from logitech).

Thank you in advance.

Okay Milli, I've played with your pack a bit and I quite enjoy it, however various cars (can't write which exactly ones, you'd need to check it with every car) have issues with top speed, tunes or performance (however I guess that for example 462 km/h top speed of Ford GT is unreachable). I hope you could look and eventually fix those insane top speeds (you don't tell me that Mustang GT500 2010 reaches 430 km/h, SVT Cobra R 387 and GT 462 km/h, heck, I'm not even sure about CL AMG and 360 km/h.)

Also, some cars like Mazda RX-7 Type R have insane tuning setups, but I can forgive this (because lvl 3 tuning gives performance of practically 100 in almost every matter).

But you know what's most annoying? When you want to explore the car in dealer/garage/whatever and want to open the doors or windows - in various cars doors don't open (only window "opens", it just moves without doors) and in general it's weird :P

Also, what about unused slots in tuner? Like Toyota Celica GT-Four ST185. When you choose first TRD kit, offroad bodykit pops up, but when you go lvl 2 and 3 it just... goes back to normal

I understand that the package is still in development, maybe some compromises are made, but can you look at these problems? :D

Maybe I'm a weirdo that worries too much but hey :p

The massive top speed is due the "Overdrive Gear". The car may show a top speed of 460, but once you drive it, it will top way below such speed. What is an overdrive gear?

Take the Chevrolet Corvette Z06 for example, it has a 6-speed gearbox and a real top speed of around 315km/h. Although, it reaches all those 315km/h in 5th gear, not 6th. Once you shift up to 6th, which has a very long gear ratio, the car won't be able to accelerate. In this case, the 6th gear is an overdrive gear, meant to be used at crusing speeds, like, 100km/h, so you drop the rpm at like 1300rpm and save fuel.

If i don't set the top speed high like that, TDU won't understand the overdrive gear, and the car will shift through it's gears way too fast, like, a Z06 would shift to 6th gear at around 190km/h, when it should do after at least 315km/h. So, even though some cars shows a big top speed, you can be relaxed that the car won't be able to acheive such top speed.

Now, tune lvl 3. It changes from car to car, some cars have indeed massive tunings, because they're very "tune-able" cars in real life. It's well known that a Supra engine (2JZ-GTE) can pump over 800hp without much effort. And that is what i tried to replicate. Me, as a Gran Turismo player, tried to replicate what you could do and how much power you could make in those cars. The result sometimes was very accurate, like the 630hp you can get out of a Skyline R32.

The tuner slots are not "unused", i've made the kit 1 being the one that modificate the cars for a reason. This reason is, you first need to modificate your vehicle, and then you bring it back inside the tune shop, and you can increase it's power. So you can also get a Celica Rally Car with 270hp, 300andsomething hp and also 400hp. It is really up to you and how you want to play the game. If i make the rally version being the last one, it would be locked and wouldn't be able to improve.

So, all your problems are not really problems, they all have a porpouse, and i don't mind explaining, in case you and someone else doesn't understand it. :)

Edit: The doors and windows is a 3D model issue, that is up to the modder who actually made the cars, all i've done was put the cars in the game and made them work. Anything related to the 3D models, like, doors, windows, wings and etc, i can't fix as i am not a car modder. Sorry.

Okay Milli, thanks for explanation. I thought TDU doesnt need hardcore speed caps for overdrives

Also thanks for explanation with tunings, you're right

Sorry for my noobiness but since I'm generally new to TDU1 modding and I wanted some explanatory :p

It's ok. :D And nah, nobody is noob just because they don't know that. I only learned by testing. :lol:

Hey Milli,

thank you an awful lot for all the effort and thought you've put in the car pack, it's insanely awesome to see all these new, exciting cars. However, please don't let this rub you the wrong way, I want to ask whether or not it'd be possible to add even more cars?

Over the last months, I've collected roughly 150 mods from here, hf-garage, Zoqqers website etc.etc., and I got used to a lot of those cars in my playthroughs that are not in your car pack, for example the Lotus Evora GTE or the Ferrari Daytonas.

Also, I wanted to ask whether or not I can change the price of the cars in the physics editor still since I'm for some odd reason obsessed with TDU being sort of realistic and I want to have a feeling that I worked hard and long to get my hands on a 36 Million Dollar 250 GTO.

In any case, thank you very very much for your work!

I found a tiny problem. There is no more Saturn Car in game.

Unfortunately, you need one for a delivery mission.

Is it possible to put a Saturn car? Or transform a Corvette into Saturn?

Really? Poop. Seems like i will need to put the Saturn Sky again in the game. :/

For an emergency, just change the brand of any car in TDU PE to Saturn and it should do the trick.

Edit: -off topic-

I think i saw you in the game Angie, i've made a new profile, it's DarkAvengerGirl. :lol: (It's an old profile actually, that i just started a new game in it.)

There is the name Chevrolet/saturn on the south west car dealer, but no saturns in stock,

The saturn curve was a really sweet concept car who have his place on tdu i think, maybe need to add it

Yep Djey i'd always began the game with the sky, it was low cost and H-speeds ;)

(So thanks to all moders who's contribute to do all these things :clap:)

Edit: look for the interiors caméras in the C5 corvette Z06, it's a super car but we're too far from the wheel, and the other camera being on the "tableau de bord"

I didn't know that it was necessary. As courier missions are gone after you actually do them. So i did replace it with the Mazda MX-5, as i thought nobody would really care about a Saturn Sky.

And the Sky was not a concept, it was a production car, based on Opel GT, which shares the platform with Pontiac Solstice.

But ok, the car is necessary in order to complete the game, it will be bring back soon.

That was the best camera i could find for the Z06 C5.

I didn't know that it was necessary. As courier missions are gone after you actually do them. So i did replace it with the Mazda MX-5, as i thought nobody would really care about a Saturn Sky.
There's in fact a slot for MX-5 in original game (locked before car pack, though).

Might be interesting to use it for the Miata :D